S&W PARTIALLY SERRATED FLIP OUT BLADE WITH POCKET CLIP

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Draac

Post by Draac »

Description: Simply push the button and flick your wrist and the Viper swings into action. The side-opening Viper features a satin finish stainless steel blade and aluminum handle.Blade Length: 3.5 (8.9 cm) Closed Lenght: 4.5 (11.4 cm) Blade Material: Stainless Steel Blade Detail: Combo Edge Handle Material: Aluminum Safety Lock & Release Button Weight: 3.2 oz

Question: I just picked on one of these from Amazon with one of there knife shapeners, I was wondering if anyone has one of these knives and how good they work or don't work ?

Thank as always for any info,
Draac
Attachments
CLICK FOR A MORE DETAILED VIEW
CLICK FOR A MORE DETAILED VIEW
S&W Knife Sharpener.jpg
S&W Knife Sharpener.jpg (15.95 KiB) Viewed 2504 times
mumblypeg

Re: S&W PARTIALLY SERRATED FLIP OUT BLADE WITH POCKET CLIP

Post by mumblypeg »

Don't believe I've ever seen a knife like that before. I've used that type of sharpener before. Carried it in the glove box. Works pretty good in a pinch. ::tu::
Richard

"Sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand."
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I don't know about the knife either, but I have used that type sharpener.
Great on serrated blades and even fish hooks if it has the groove in the sharpener.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
troyl2

Post by troyl2 »

while i havent had an experience with that model of knife,i have had a couple of s+ws and you will surely get good at using the sharpener as neither would hold an edge,probably the softest steel ive ever seen used in a knife blade,im sure i couldnt tip either of the 2 i have they would bend probably 90 degrees with out breaking
Draac

Post by Draac »

I recieve this knife the other day from Amazon ($20.15) and I must say I really like it for the money. It's fun to flip open and it's very sharp. It's been in my pocket now since I've got it.

Draac
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

I have two S&W's, though neither is the model shown. Far from the best I've ever owned, but very decent for the price.

They take a pretty good edge but I've found that they need to be touched up quite a bit. The blades on mine show 440c but sure don't act like it. I have other knives in 440c that hold their edges much better than these. What I find helps is running them over my kitchen cutlery steel a few times between real sharpenings.
America, as it used to be.

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”