Chinese Knife Forum?

Tell us how we are doing, report problems, voice your concerns, and all that stuff... All input is appreciated and will be taken into consideration.
vikingdog

Chinese Knife Forum?

Post by vikingdog »

How about a seperate forum for the Chinese knife collectors? ::shrug::
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Chinese Knife Forum?

Post by zed6309 »

I would contribute to it ::tu::
Paul,

friendship is a rare and precious gift,
A day without a pocket knife is the day your need it,
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

They're getting to be pretty popular Paul, it might be a busy forum.
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

Mike
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

well i know there is some members that dont like chinese knives mike but i persoanly like them, for me there well made for the money and i can afford them as dont have much extra cash at this point in my life, plus pretty hard here in the uk to collect anything with a blade on it lol, i hope this comes off as i can add a lot to it , ive got a sanrenmu 710 on its way and should be with me friday, wanted one for a while and there is a lot on youtube and the net about it being the poor mans sebenza, that sums me right up :D

paul
Paul,

robinetn

Post by robinetn »

Let me be the first to display my China knife collection !

Bob
Attachments
China knife display 001.JPG
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

robinetn wrote:Let me be the first to display my China knife collection !

Bob
is there a reason there in a bin ?
Paul,

gino

Post by gino »

I think thats also referred to as the round file.
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

zed6309 wrote:
robinetn wrote:Let me be the first to display my China knife collection !

Bob
is there a reason there in a bin ?
That's not a bin - it's file "13" (or round file) . I had to take these to get the knives that I really wanted .
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

lol thought it was a bin :D

ok some of mine minus the 2 little richerd and the buck 303
Paul,

chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

mike, i think this thread is a very good idea. people can come here without the threat of being censured. i personally do not have anything against china knives. but i did want to add something to that ag russel post without being erased. i own a few cutlery corner knives that look very similar to those ag knives. and they also have a good deal of stainless wieght to them. fit and finiish is out of this world. jim frost has been making knives for as long if not longer than ag russel. and i bought mine for $5.50 @..i use them a lot with no stressmarks anywhere.. if i didnt know they were frost knives. i would guess they cost around $100...that is why i said in that post, knives from that country can cost a lot less than a g is charging.. just cause his name is on them.. my opinion
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

Bob,
Nice round file! I need one of those.
Mark
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

I think its a great idea!! ::nod:: .....That way you have a choice to read or look at them. ::tu:: ....and lets not forget the usual BS stories that go along with them. ::barf::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

zed.. Looking good.. Keep going.. ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
testcase

Post by testcase »

I think it is a fine idea
Tod
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

johnnierotten wrote:I think its a great idea!! ::nod:: .....That way you have a choice to read or look at them. ::tu:: ....and lets not forget the usual BS stories that go along with them. ::barf::
You got it JR. :mrgreen:

Mike
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Not for me but have fun ::shrug::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
just in case

Post by just in case »

::nod:: I think thats a great Idea too!It would help the Sheriff keep the peace around here. And Then I wouldnt get censored for saying "Buy American''.
"Aint no fun when tha Rabit got tha Gun. "
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

This would be great if it came off ,recently i was thinking about leaving this forum even though i enjoy it here and enjoy the pocket knives ive collected so far, dont get me wrong i would love some U.S made knives and i do have 1, but i think folk need to realize how hard it is in other countries collecting certain items that is much easyer for them, i would buy british made knives all the way if i could but there isnt many left plus some cost a lot and i dont have the funds, i was close to giving up due to certain comments but im going to keep going as i enjoy it and for me thats what its all about, have fun guys ::tu::

paul
Paul,

knifemaker3

Post by knifemaker3 »

zed6309 wrote:This would be great if it came off ,recently i was thinking about leaving this forum even though i enjoy it here and enjoy the pocket knives ive collected so far, dont get me wrong i would love some U.S made knives and i do have 1, but i think folk need to realize how hard it is in other countries collecting certain items that is much easyer for them, i would buy british made knives all the way if i could but there isnt many left plus some cost a lot and i dont have the funds, i was close to giving up due to certain comments but im going to keep going as i enjoy it and for me thats what its all about, have fun guys ::tu::

paul
Don't feel bad Paul. Many many many people here in America collect china made knives because that is all they can afford. Many of today's collectors are just not into the old usa made knives deciding rather to collect the new shiny knives. Therefore, due to their inability to afford the american made ones, they choose to collect the cheap china knives to feed their habit. And there is nothing wrong with that if they choose to do that.

I have suggested this before for the forum. But it still hasn't came to be and I don't see it happening any time soon. There is a big stigma for many people to not buy anything that doesn't come from the USA and they sure don't mind telling you all about it while typing on their foreign made computer while sipping on their foreign made coffee in their foreign made coffee cup. ::shrug:: then comes the old statement of I can choose to buy what I want and I refuse to not support american cutlery companies. Darn shame they didn't say the same about their tv, computer, clothes on their back, much of the food they eat, etc. etc. ::dang::

Good idea to have a forum for the china collectors to have so those that are bothered by it can not be bothered with it while browsing this forum.

Shoot, I don't look at the German made forum because I don't usually collect German made knives. Yet, I'm not against them just because they are made in Germany instead of America.....but on this forum that would be a terrible thing to say something against a German made knife just because it's not made in America? ::barf:: After all, they have their own forum so they must be good knives....right? Even though not made in America! ::doh::
God Bless!

Craig Blankenship
Booger County Outfitters LLC.

Maker of Custom Knives and Custom Screenprinted Garments
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

knifemaker3 wrote:
zed6309 wrote:This would be great if it came off ,recently i was thinking about leaving this forum even though i enjoy it here and enjoy the pocket knives ive collected so far, dont get me wrong i would love some U.S made knives and i do have 1, but i think folk need to realize how hard it is in other countries collecting certain items that is much easyer for them, i would buy british made knives all the way if i could but there isnt many left plus some cost a lot and i dont have the funds, i was close to giving up due to certain comments but im going to keep going as i enjoy it and for me thats what its all about, have fun guys ::tu::

paul
Don't feel bad Paul. Many many many people here in America collect china made knives because that is all they can afford. Many of today's collectors are just not into the old usa made knives deciding rather to collect the new shiny knives. Therefore, due to their inability to afford the american made ones, they choose to collect the cheap china knives to feed their habit. And there is nothing wrong with that if they choose to do that.

I have suggested this before for the forum. But it still hasn't came to be and I don't see it happening any time soon. There is a big stigma for many people to not buy anything that doesn't come from the USA and they sure don't mind telling you all about it while typing on their foreign made computer while sipping on their foreign made coffee in their foreign made coffee cup. ::shrug:: then comes the old statement of I can choose to buy what I want and I refuse to not support american cutlery companies. Darn shame they didn't say the same about their tv, computer, clothes on their back, much of the food they eat, etc. etc. ::dang::

Good idea to have a forum for the china collectors to have so those that are bothered by it can not be bothered with it while browsing this forum.

Shoot, I don't look at the German made forum because I don't usually collect German made knives. Yet, I'm not against them just because they are made in Germany instead of America.....but on this forum that would be a terrible thing to say something against a German made knife just because it's not made in America? ::barf:: After all, they have their own forum so they must be good knives....right? Even though not made in America! ::doh::

good points and didnt we fight the germans :? but i would still buy one if one came up cheap enough as i like all things pocket knife ::tu::
Paul,

tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

Looks like the Chinese knife forum is up and running.
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

Hi everyone. I just opened a new section of the forum for Chinese manufactured knives. I didn't have much time to put a lot of thought into the title, & description, so if anyone has input on that, please let me know...

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... m.php?f=79

Thanks,
Bryan
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

It actually should be an Oriental Knife Forum that way you cover all the different makers threw the last few decades of imports
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
chetr1200c

Post by chetr1200c »

hey paul, dont give up, i own and i also use china made knives. not my knife of choice but mostly of nessessity. this topic is geared for people who want to vent their frustrations out when they read anything related to the china marketplace..then the wont be expelled from this fine group of people....

paul if you want to read this topic out of couriosity, that is your perogative, but please dont take it that seriously. every person has his or her own opinion, sometimes things need to be said sometimes things to be kept quiet..this topic is a choice for all..

so paul, keep collecting what you want....you are not a part of a cattle drive that can be herded. just ignore most of the rantings here, it is their perogative also,,,,chet
zed6309
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by zed6309 »

chetr1200c wrote:hey paul, dont give up, i own and i also use china made knives. not my knife of choice but mostly of nessessity. this topic is geared for people who want to vent their frustrations out when they read anything related to the china marketplace..then the wont be expelled from this fine group of people....

paul if you want to read this topic out of couriosity, that is your perogative, but please dont take it that seriously. every person has his or her own opinion, sometimes things need to be said sometimes things to be kept quiet..this topic is a choice for all..

so paul, keep collecting what you want....you are not a part of a cattle drive that can be herded. just ignore most of the rantings here, it is their perogative also,,,,chet
no worries chet i wont give up as enjoy it too much,

big thanks byran for doing the new forum section ::tu::
Paul,

Return to “Suggestions, Questions, Comments, Concerns, Alerts, Etc...”