How many CSC matched serial #'ed sets made ??

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
ilikeknives

How many CSC matched serial #'ed sets made ??

Post by ilikeknives »

Hi all,
I have a matched # set, one being a drop point rigid (from box slip), the other a 2-blade 4 1/8" trapper, Amber Jigged Bone, D2 (both), completion-2005.
Can anyone please tell me how many (matched #) sets were distributed ::shrug:: ?
Excellent work, love 'em. Don't see many, if any, matching # sets. I have seen lots of sets, but not with matched #'s.
Thanks Much.-G ::tu:
Pictures to follow soon. Lots of detail.

PS: Can anyone recommend a CSC distributor and/or retailer with selling stock? Thanks again. :mrgreen:
LOW PRICE LEADER, ALL BRANDS, NIB KNIVES !
LOWEST COST & F-A-S-T SHIP TOO!
http://www.AtoZknives.com
Come see what you like.

Please visit my AAPK Store (i-like-knives) for Renaissance Wax,Simichrome, Flitz Cloths,pro-clean & care products, kits too!
Hukk

Post by Hukk »

I got this first years production matched number set from Reeds Classic Knives on ebay. He had a few sets made up last year and I don't think very many were made. I also have a Red Stag Mint Set from Red Hill Cutlery and they told me that they had acess to anything CSC made. I also have the D2 steel Drop Point Hunter, D'Holder Drop Point Hunter with the 19C27 Sandvik specialty Steel (60-63 Rc) and others I don't have pictures of yet.
Anyway the guy at Red Hill told me that he could get anything that CSC has.
Attachments
1 of 25 Red Stag Mint Set
1 of 25 Red Stag Mint Set
CSC 1st Year Poduction Set Matching #'s
CSC 1st Year Poduction Set Matching #'s
Hukk
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Usually 200 or 400 are the editions. LT
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: How many CSC matched serial #'ed sets made ??

Post by Chase »

http://www.droppointerhunter.com/

Go to this website. Michael Siegel is the owner and has the inside track at Canal Street Cutlery and a great guy at that! I buy all of my Canal Street Knives directly from him.

My Uncle is one of the two Master Cutlers working there!

Tom
rayban

Post by rayban »

ilikeknives wrote:Hi all,
I have a matched # set, one being a drop point rigid (from box slip), the other a 2-blade 4 1/8" trapper, Amber Jigged Bone, D2 (both), completion-2005.
Can anyone please tell me how many (matched #) sets were distributed ::shrug:: ?
Excellent work, love 'em. Don't see many, if any, matching # sets. I have seen lots of sets, but not with matched #'s.
I know of at least one other....sounds like the same set. This one is about to go up on the Bay.

philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I have a similar set with matched serial numbers that I picked up from a fellow AAPK member at the Dalton Show this year. My set is handled in Oxblood Burl. There was a set with stag handles for sale in one of the AAPK stores last time I looked.

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Rayban - those are absolutely beautiful!!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”