CAMCO USA

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
fl88hs

CAMCO USA

Post by fl88hs »

Found this oldy at a garage sale. Pretty dirty and well used. Any interest in this companies goods ?
Tried to upload or download or whatever but am not skilled in that area.
Ob La Di - Ob La Da
trail

Re: CAMCO USA

Post by trail »

From the description it sounds like one of mine...As you may know, Camco was a Camillus brand. It was their economy line, but most Camillus collectors, me included, like them a lot. They are well constructed and come in a lot of patterns. The main differences that I know of from the main Camillus line was slightly thinner blades and backsprings, and less expensive handle materials. Here's a shot of my latest rustbucket Camco, which some elbow grease will turn into a nice user.
Attachments
camco.jpg
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

I like them. They're good knives and not expensive or hard to find. I got these two in mint condition for less than $25. They're nice barlows.
Attachments
CAMCO BARLOWS.jpg
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
Bret888

Post by Bret888 »

"I like them. They're good knives and not expensive or hard to find. I got these two in mint condition for less than $25. They're nice barlows."

A co-worker carries one just like those. He used to work in a deep mine 20yrs ago, and said they would give them out from the tool room, anytime you asked. He wishes he had gotten a few more....
vikingdog

Post by vikingdog »

Model 551 Bret. Nothing fancy but a good user with a strong back spring and snap. One for my son and one for me. ::tu::
"Progress might have been all right once, but it has gone on too long." Ogden Nash

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike
fl88hs

Post by fl88hs »

Thanks to all replys, didn't know anything about it. Guess I'll clean it up and put it to use until something else strikes me. Thanks again Will work on the pictures. onward and upward.
Ob La Di - Ob La Da

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”