KERSHAW 2100 ROTARY LOCK KNIFE????????????

Kershaw began its foray into the knife business sometime during 1974. The company was originally based in Portland Oregon, but most early knives were manufactured in Japan. The first US manufacturing plant was opened in 1997 & the company currently offers knives made in the U.S., Japan, & China. Pete Kershaw (an ex Gerber salesman) started the business.
boelk03

KERSHAW 2100 ROTARY LOCK KNIFE????????????

Post by boelk03 »

HELLO, I NEED SOME INFO ON A KNIFE THAT I AQUIRED. IT IS A KERSHAW 2100 ROTARY LOCK KNIFE. IT IS VERY UNIQUE, AND VERY NICE. I AM TRYING TO DATE THIS KNIFE, AND SEE ABOUT HOWMANY WHERE MADE. I HAVE SEEN, IN MY SEARCHES, THIS KNIFE PRICED AT $398.00. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? IS IT RARE? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ANSWERS!!!
Attachments
2010_1230kershawrot0015.JPG
2010_1230kershawrot0008.JPG
2010_1230kershawrot0009.JPG
Roush428r

Re: KERSHAW 2100 ROTARY LOCK KNIFE????????????

Post by Roush428r »

boelk03 wrote:HELLO, I NEED SOME INFO ON A KNIFE THAT I AQUIRED. IT IS A KERSHAW 2100 ROTARY LOCK KNIFE. IT IS VERY UNIQUE, AND VERY NICE. I AM TRYING TO DATE THIS KNIFE, AND SEE ABOUT HOWMANY WHERE MADE. I HAVE SEEN, IN MY SEARCHES, THIS KNIFE PRICED AT $398.00. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? IS IT RARE? THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ANSWERS!!!

This model was made in the early to mid 1980's and was available with either bone (at least two different colors) or hardwood handles. They are fairly tough to find but an example priced at $398 would be highly optimistic. In fact, the last example I bought was identical to yours, unused in the original box with the paperwork, and I paid under $100.
boelk03

Post by boelk03 »

HELLO, THANK YOU FOR BREAKING THE ICE AND SENDING INFO. I DID'NT THINK THAT I WOULD BECOME RICH, BUT I HAVE SEEN SOME PRETTY HIGH PRICES. THANKS BOB
Roush428r

Post by Roush428r »

boelk03 wrote:HELLO, THANK YOU FOR BREAKING THE ICE AND SENDING INFO. I DID'NT THINK THAT I WOULD BECOME RICH, BUT I HAVE SEEN SOME PRETTY HIGH PRICES. THANKS BOB

Like anything else, if someone wants it enough they may pay a higher price. It's always important to note the difference between "asking price" and "prices realized".

There's a local pawn shop I stop by occasionally and the owner is notorious for over-pricing his knives. His favorite line is: These are bringing $XXX on eBay". The problem is that he always references high BUY IT NOW prices and never completed listings with actual sale prices.

Return to “Kershaw Knife Forum”