Case 7 Dot Bowie Knife

This forum is for discussing and sharing pictures of anything that relates to fixed blade knives.
ppealock

Case 7 Dot Bowie Knife

Post by ppealock »

I need some information about a Case seven dot Bowie knife I have along with an approximate value. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Bowie Knives 006.jpg
Bowie Knives 007.jpg
Bowie Knives 008.jpg
Forester

Re: Case 7 Dot Bowie Knife

Post by Forester »

Judging by the tang stamp it should be around a 1983 model. I've seen them sell for around $100
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

It's always good to have a 2nd opinion . What Forester said is 100% correct !

Bob R.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

I'm not up on Case Bowie markings, but how do we know its not a 1993? I don't recall Case making the Bowie with Jim Bowie's likeness like that one in the 80's but I could be wrong.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Here's a link to the Case College website tang stamp listing. If you scroll down you will find the tang stamps used for hunting knives (fixed blades?) It looks like Steve may be on to something about the dating........ You decide.......... ::smirk::

http://www.wrcase.com/case_college/tang_logo_stamp/

Phil
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
big monk

Post by big monk »

I'm guessing the ""Lightning Z"" would date it to the '83 ???????
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

knifeaholic wrote:I'm not up on Case Bowie markings, but how do we know its not a 1993? I don't recall Case making the Bowie with Jim Bowie's likeness like that one in the 80's but I could be wrong.
Once again I stand corrected ! Case dropped the "Davey Crockett" etch in the early 1990's and adopted the "Jim Bowie" etch in it's stead , therefore , this knife would be a 1993 version . :oops:

Bob R.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

robinetn wrote:
knifeaholic wrote:I'm not up on Case Bowie markings, but how do we know its not a 1993? I don't recall Case making the Bowie with Jim Bowie's likeness like that one in the 80's but I could be wrong.
Once again I stand corrected ! Case dropped the "Davey Crockett" etch in the early 1990's and adopted the "Jim Bowie" etch in it's stead , therefore , this knife would be a 1993 version . :oops:

Bob R.
That's my recollection too. And further I think they offered the basic version with a plain blade (no Davy Crockett etch) and also the Jim Bowie version.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.

Return to “Fixed Blade Knives”