kkk knife

A place to ask or answer knife related questions.
sopit

kkk knife

Post by sopit »

I found a old winchester pocket knife that has a solingen seal on the handle and on the blade it reads royal order of kkk. Any one every heard of this kind of knife?
Roush428r

Re: kkk knife

Post by Roush428r »

Parker offered a lot of these types of knives and also "borrowed" or leased the rights to lots of popular old brands.
sopit

Post by sopit »

Thanks for the reply
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

Fighting Rooster brand had a 3 bladed stockman pattern knife with KKK markings. It was supposedly made in the same factory that the Bull Dog brand knives were made in. I, like you, was interested in researching the KKK marked knife. I got some information from an intelligent man that knows knives very well. He informed me that the knife had been made in Japan, regardless of what the country name that was stamped on the knife said. He also told me the knife was made with lesser quality materials than a regular Fighting Rooster knife. Upon comparing the questioned KKK knife with other Fighting Rooster brand knives made with the same type of material, I could see that I was told the truth. The KKK knife was no where close to the quality of a regular Fighting Rooster brand knife. Who had it made? I have a good guess. Why it was made? I have no ideal. Someones greedy sick ideal of making a $ anyway they could would be my guess.

Aimus
sopit

Post by sopit »

The knife itself seems to be made of good quality. I just wander about the winchester knife having a solingen seal on the handle
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Winchester knives are not my area of expertise but I did recall some discussion in the past here on AAPK regarding some Winchester knives being made in Germany. Below is a link to a thread with such knives shown and discussed.
Sounds like that KKK Winchester from Germany just might have Jim Parker's fingerprints on it.

Phil

http://allaboutpocketknives.com/knife_f ... Winchester
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

Sopit, those German made Winchester knives are good knives but, they are no where near the good quality of the Winchester knives that Queen Cutlery made. I believe Phil is spot on in his reply. It seems like I can remember something about a legal issue of some kind involving the making of the Winchester brand knives that were made in Germany. Don't quote me on that because I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. The person Phil spoke of was said to have had a hand in lots of older well known knife brands being made in Germany. He liked to "borrow" the most well known older USA cutlery names to make him a quick $$$. Those knives he had made in Germany are of good quality in their own right but, the name on the knife had nothing to do with the original company that made them.

Aimus
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

I had a 3 blade stockman with KKK etchings on the blade and scales.As I recall it had the name of Bill Wilkinson who apparently was the Grand Dragon or whatever the head honcho was at the time.Can't recall the maker but it could have been Fighting Rooster.I gave it to my brother a long time ago along with a Case dagger with Shab-Leibowitz pewter handles depicting the USMC;a private limited edition that never really got off the ground.

Last year someone gave me this knife and I have tried to research it with little success.Supposedly these were purchased from Case and re-handled by SMKW although I have never been able to substantiate this.The smooth black scales look to have been added after the knife was made and the "etches: appear to be screened rather poorly.There are 5 dots on the master blade but no number on the obverse although it looks like it may have been removed.If anyone knows I would appreciate any info.
Attachments
CaseKKK01.jpg
CaseKKK02.jpg
CaseKKK02.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 3988 times
CaseKKK03.jpg
CaseKKK04.jpg
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jody744 »

pretty ironic the handles aren't ivory!
personally, I don't know anything about the knife
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)

Return to “Knife Related Q&A”