Your 110.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
johnny twoshoes

Your 110.

Post by johnny twoshoes »

I haven't always been a fan of the 110, but when I got this knife I kinda fell in love with it, it feels great in my hand's and the blade is awesome.
After a little prodding from Phil I decided to carry it on my hip last Deer season. I had never gut a Deer in my life, mostly for fear of doing something wrong, but, I figured I couldn't always depend on my brother for all the dirty work, after I shot my Deer and all was settled down I opened up the knife and began, the knife almost seemed to walk me through it, cutting like a gem.
This is a memory the will stick in my mind for quite awhile.
P1013704.JPG
I would love to see a pic of you favorite 110 and hear a story of its use.
Thank's
gino

Re: Your 110.

Post by gino »

Some of my 110's

Always been my one of my favorite knives
Some old ones and some new ones pictured.

Bad photo sorry, the pearls didnt turn out very well, they look white and you cant see the engraved bolsters on the one finger grooved.
The one pearl has nickel silver bolsters instead of traditional brass ones.
Have you ever seen the finger grooved 110's? They are sweet! They feel great in your hand.
Gino ;)
Attachments
Picture 235.jpg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
johnny twoshoes

8) I've seen the finger groove one's before, they alway's looked comfy in the hand.
old timer90

Post by old timer90 »

This my buck 110 it was my great grandfather I take it with me went I go hiking
Attachments
IMG00093-20100603-1227.jpg
Jesus is alive
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

I've only got one. Bought it in 1972 and it went half way around the world and back with me. We've been through some interesting adventures together and it's on my hip right now.

I did the filework on boring nightwatches off the coast of Viet Nam.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
gino

Post by gino »

thats cool Bill!!!
johnny twoshoes

Owd Wullie wrote:I've only got one. Bought it in 1972 and it went half way around the world and back with me. We've been through some interesting adventures together and it's on my hip right now.

Wullie,
thanks for the pics and the service you gave to this country.

GOD Bless
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Thanks Johnnie,

Young men such as yourself give me hope for the future.

W
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
karmasabish

Post by karmasabish »

Owd Wullie wrote:I've only got one. Bought it in 1972 and it went half way around the world and back with me. We've been through some interesting adventures together and it's on my hip right now.

one can see the color of the 70s and the history of this knife. You can tell its seen alot...

cool knife!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I went through a nasty divorce and lost everything but that's another story. I was able to get 3 things out of my garage and loose the rest. I took my father's boker from WW2 a Buck fillet knife and my 110. True story.
Wazu
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
useem

Post by useem »

Here is my 110. NS frame, oak handle, finger grooves, ATS-34 blade, and custom engraving. ::nod::
Attachments
Buck 110 Custom Montage Garcia [].jpg
gino

Post by gino »

Useem, That is a cool 110. Love the finger groove, I have a few myself. I also have a few 110,s with engraved bolsters but I DONT HAVE A FINGER GROOED WITH ENGRAVED BOLSTERS!!! ::DROOL:: ::ENVY:: LOL!!! Great lookin knife!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I have had 2 two dot 110's since that I bought them new in the 70's. One I have had on my hip since then and the other has only been out of the box about ten times since I bought it. It's mint with the original box, sheath and paperwork. The cool thing is my EDC 110 still looks new as well. They lived through a divorce and they really can take a workout. I also bought a 317 that is still in the original box along with the bill of sale from Leo's bait shop in Niagara Falls that sold it to me on 12/14/1978 for $26.00 plus tax. Every time I look at it I get flashbacks :lol:
I'll post some pics when I get some time off around Xmas.
Wazu
lkbenson

Post by lkbenson »

My name is Larry Benson and I am new here. That being said I wonder if anyone can confirm my findings. I have what I think is a second generation second version 110. Can anyone confirm or dispute this? The blade and lock rivets both show on both sides and are flush. The rivet (or pin) at the butt only shows on the left side. There are no markings on the right side of the blade and the nail slot, groove (you tell me) is much smaller than any other I have ever seen. I have owned this knife since 1967 and put the lanyard hole in it years ago. I have since regretted the hole but really don't have any ideas for selling the knife anyway so it really doesn't matter. Anymore the knife rides in a backpack I carry hunting along with some other emergency supplies. Any help would be appreciated if only to quiet my curiosity. Thanks, Larry Benson
gino

Post by gino »

Hi Larry, I think you have a semi early made 110 between 1968 and 1973 because of tang marking. Buck started marking individual years in 1974 . The earlier 110's also had the square edges bolsters like yours. The newer ones are more rounded.
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Hi Larry, welcome to the forum, here is some information on your knife, from Levine's
Nice knife.
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
002.JPG
Joe
lkbenson

Post by lkbenson »

To FRJ and gino....Thanks to both of you for the replies, appreciate it.
lkbenson
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

The Buck 110 is probably one of the knives that I have had the most of.....I bet that I have had 25-30 in my lifetime. ::nod::
Out of all of those....I have 3... ::shrug::
Attachments
buck 110.jpg
HD #2.JPG
HD #4.JPG
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

Johnie;Very nice Bucks..Question ,Have you heard about a Solar collector power generation farm being build in AZ?
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
gino

Post by gino »

Those are 3 sweet ones JR. I dig that nickel silevr bolster one. I have a few of the NB 110's and they are my favs.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

garddogg56 wrote:Johnie;Very nice Bucks..Question ,Have you heard about a Solar collector power generation farm being build in AZ?
No answer thanks anyway..
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

No answer thanks anyway..
Sorry garddogg56......to answer your question....no I haven't heard anything. But that doesn't mean much cause I'm not very good at keeping up with current events....As you can tell!! :lol: :lol:

Thank you and to you also , Gino!! ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Welcome Larry,
What you have is a second version made between 1968-1970. This is according to Levine's guide to knives.
wazu013
brianh

Post by brianh »

This is my second 110. Lost the first somewhere in the piney woods of beautiful Fort Bragg, NC:

This was purchased new at the Fort Bragg PX in the early 1980s and was a constant companion during a 23 year Army career, seeing service in Germany, Korea, Panama, the Persian Gulf region and all over the US. It rode on my pistol belt in the old Brigade Quartermaster nylon sheath you see in the picture. I had to use it as a hammer a time or two - note the dings and gouges on the bolsters.

It shines up nice with a little elbow grease and is still sharp, tight and read to go!

Brian
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Great knife, Brian. Thanks for your military service.
Joe

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”