Case XX 6249 ,Copperhead ???

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
big monk

Case XX 6249 ,Copperhead ???

Post by big monk »

Help guys---is this a1940-1965 copperhead??? seems to be,anyway,I've already purchased it,for a great price (I hope)and it's headed my way,I'll get better pictures,when I receive the knife--thanks for any,and all help----Monk ::tu::
Attachments
kndvt6i225iu.jpg
kndvt6i225iu.jpg (9.29 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
case copperhead.jpg
case copperhead.jpg (7.49 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
6249 Case XX.jpg
6249 Case XX.jpg (7.06 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
bigden

Re: Case XX 6249 ,Copperhead ???

Post by bigden »

Yes
woseyjales

Post by woseyjales »

Be careful Big Monk,
those 49ers can be addictive. :mrgreen:
big monk

Post by big monk »

Some better pictures---she arrived in the mail today--a few rain-drops,on the blades----and can someone tell me how to determine if the handle is ""green bone""???? the guy I bought it from,seemed to think so,but I really don't know???
Attachments
Case XX Copperhead 006.JPG
Case XX Copperhead 001.JPG
Case XX Copperhead 002.JPG
Case XX Copperhead 003.JPG
Case XX Copperhead 004.JPG
Case XX Copperhead 005.JPG

MONK****
deanmm56

Post by deanmm56 »

Monk,

I asked the same question about a Case Classic ..... got this answer from Case Tested ( Alex )

"From my understanding, there is no such a variety as 'green rogers bone' .... only brown, lighter brown or reddish.
This would be a good question for Steve Pfeiffer.

Alex "
Dean M. Morron

email : deanm56@aol.com

ebay as : deanm56635w
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Monk that is not Green bone.That would just be considered Bone. IMHO. some call it prettybone. Great looking knife though ::nod::
Green bone is actually a greenish color,sometimes darker than others.
big monk

Post by big monk »

Thanks Dean--------I'm really a novice,and since finding this site,will be asking lots of questions ::shrug::
In the pocket knife "Trader's Guide" they list bone,red bone,greenbone,rough black,and early rogers bone????? and the value,steps up with each one??
::dang:: ::dang::------------thanks BigHead,I'm very satisfied with just ""Pretty Bone""",cause it's pretty-purrtty to me ::ds::

MONK****
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

As others have said, not green bone and not really red bone...regular bone but with some very nice coloring.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Aimus Moses

Post by Aimus Moses »

deanmm56 wrote:Monk,

I asked the same question about a Case Classic ..... got this answer from Case Tested ( Alex )

"From my understanding, there is no such a variety as 'green rogers bone' .... only brown, lighter brown or reddish.
This would be a good question for Steve Pfeiffer.

Alex "

dean, I can't speak for Case Tested but, I believe he may have been referring to the Case Classic line of knives. There are many Tested XX era Case knives that have regular jigged green colored bone handles and a expensive price to go with them depending on condition. I don't think I've ever seen a green colored rogers jigged bone handled Case knife from any era of Case knives, be it a regular Case knife (Tested XX era, Case XX era, or Case USA and the dots era) or a Case Classic series knife. That doesn't mean there were none ever made, just that I haven't ever seen one. Rogers bone has a different style of jigging than regular bone has. I have a Case Classic knife that has what I would call rogers jigged bone handles in MHO and many Case knife collectors have agreed that it looks like rogers jigged bone to them too, and they called it's color honey-green but the knife is listed as honey colored banana bone. ::shrug:: go figure? I have to go by what the maker says it is on it's C.O.A. and not what I and a few Case collectors think it may look like. The maker built it, I just bought it. There were some regular jigged green colored bone handled Case Classic series knives made but none that I have ever seen or heard called rogers jigged green bone. I think the bone on the OP's knife is pretty bone in MHO.

Aimus

Return to “General Knife Discussion”