Ken Richardson ?

Ask questions and share your knowlege about custom knives. Make sure to show off your stuff if you are a knife maker or collector.
Luckypaul777

Ken Richardson ?

Post by Luckypaul777 »

I picked this knife up on eBay; for my young (12) grandson's birthday. :) I have never heard of Ken Richardson; but feel like I got a deal on the price or did I? ::paranoid:: Looks like a decent made knife; :| and through a kids eyes probably fantastic. :wink:

Paul

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT
WelderBob
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Ken Richardson ?

Post by WelderBob »

Paul, Ken is Missouri boy who made his knives out of saw mill blades, then he started to jewell the blades and carve the handles...late 80's to early 90's...Bass Pro picked up his business a lot when they started selling his knives. I think you got a good deal...I paid forty for this one many years ago...a little bit smaller.
Attachments
KR 001.JPG
Bob

"To Ride, Shoot Straight, And Speak The Truth" - Jeff Cooper
knifemaker3

Post by knifemaker3 »

Yeah, Ken Richardson is in Missouri. I seen an article several years ago about his company. All of his kids and their spouses worked in the shop and they produced @ 50 complete knives a day. Don't know if they are still able to keep up that amount of production in today's economy or not. His knives used to be all made out of saw mill blades but they switched to Regular barstock when the mill blades started running out.

Bass Pro still carries Richardson knives. I've seen them in Cabela's catalogs as well.

Good score!
God Bless!

Craig Blankenship
Booger County Outfitters LLC.

Maker of Custom Knives and Custom Screenprinted Garments
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Here's my mini Ken Richardson knife.Bought it on e-Bay awhile back from his wife.Very reasonable price.($15)
Attachments
KR1.JPG
KR1.JPG (31.96 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
KR2.JPG
KR2.JPG (27.83 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!

Return to “Custom Knives”