"HAMMER BRAND" is now made in CHINA!!!

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
wildjim

Re: "HAMMER BRAND" is now made in CHINA!!!

Post by wildjim »

It was a informative post until the statement that we supply our "enemies"

Our enemies are many these days and they get money from us and our allies and unknowingly to the common working person.

The Swiss were neutral yet sold steel to Nazi Germany during WWII for great profit and Germany's war efforts depended on Swiss steel so the Swiss helped the German Nazi and profited from it yet we highly praise Scandinavian and German cutlery.

Why is China your enemy?
http://www.ncuscr.org/who-we-are
http://cutlerynewsjournal.com/?s=China

I'd like to see the statistics and effect of knife collectors and their purchases within the scope of world economics. Then consider that its unknown or not published where the US manufactures purchase supplies or invest. Most likely its just bundled in with other tool purchases as a small fraction of common tools. Its really not worthy of consideration on the grand scale of the world economy.

Also it is said the Swiss helped more Jews than any other nation at the end of WWII.

The point is learn and remember but let go of hatred and fight an adversary when necessary not because of the past action of others.
Luckypaul777

Post by Luckypaul777 »

wildjim, for me it's nothing against the Chinese; it's the quality of the knife. If you want to blame someone it's the American and businesses in other countries that are to blame. They tell the Chinese makers what they want made and how much they will pay. I am sure that cutlers from China are just as capable and skilled as any knife makers. The difference in knives from China now and from Germany in the 1800's; the German knives were equal on quality with American made knives; and undercut their prices. Most of the American cutlers were screaming for "Tariffs"; to be able to compete.

Some of the American made newer knives (Case); IMHO are making a substandard product and still wanting top dollar for it. Compare a new Case to a Great Eastern; and a GEC blows it away in IMHO. When China starts to put out a knife that compares to a GEC or Queen's S&M line; at a super low price; I am all for it.

Paul
Darksev

Post by Darksev »

I always seem to chime in on these threads. I think Dale has one of the best posts I've read on the subject.
What we are really seeing is one of the less auspicious moments of capitalism. When we have people who claim to love this country and to love the rich cutlery heritage that it represents, that choose to produce products overseas in the home of our traditional enemies, all the while enriching the coffers of our enemies while depleting our own treasury, something is terribly wrong.

The fact that they try to sell these to collectors as a Schrade, Marbles, New York Knife, or what ever the brand may be, is unconscionable. The fact that some people actually buy them to “collect” boggles the mind!
While I do not blame the Chinese, Pakistani, and Indian tradesmen who create these products, I do blame the importers and name collectors like the Taylor's who are using and in my opinion abusing the NAME of a product with over a century of tradition and innovation to line their pockets with inexpensive imports. The mere fact that the chinese schrade products are branded in such a way to "celebrate" over 100 years of tradition is an abomination and proves to me that the taylor family has nothing in mind but exploitation.

If you want to make inexpensive pocket knives, and you want to have them made overseas, then more power to you. If you make a quality product, then I may end up buying it (Like the Spyderco and CRKT products I own). but, under no circumstances, should you ever try to pass this product off as being a part of a family of American products like Schrade that earned their brand recognition with decades of struggle and innovation.
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

Adam,I agree.....very well spoken(written)!! ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
pickup man

Post by pickup man »

Sucks. I won't touch them if they are made in Red China.

Return to “General Knife Discussion”