? ON fightin Bull

A place to discuss & share pictures of anything that relates to knives.
combs6136

? ON fightin Bull

Post by combs6136 »

I just bought a pocket knife with Fightin Bull on one side and Carson with crossed tomahawks on the reverse...Anyone with any info much appreciated...............carl
razor1

Re: ? ON fightin Bull

Post by razor1 »

Fightin Bull knives are handmade by a fellow named Wendell Carson. They are very well made knives and Mr. Carson is known for using exotic handle materials. I saw one over on the bay a while back that had swordfish bill scales! If you ckeckout Clays Cutlery AAPK store he has a Couple of fine examples of Wendell's work ::tu:: The crossed tomahawks is his trademark ::nod::
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo! I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here!
combs6136

Post by combs6136 »

Thanks a lot...Thats just what i wanted to know.....this is a beautiful knife, but it has been sharpened and carried...I got it at a gun show.....The guy wanted $15 for it but took $12...........
Bryan
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Bryan »

combs6136 wrote:.....The guy wanted $15 for it but took $12...........
:shock: Sounds like a great deal. I've never seen a Wendell Carson made knife that wasn't well worth that price ::tu:: .

I think he gets most of his steel & metal parts from Queen Cutlery and hand finishes them with a personal touch. He's a very skilled craftsman IMO...

Bryan
Bryan
Luckypaul777

Post by Luckypaul777 »

Sounds like an incredible deal. :shock: Wendell started his own brand of "Fightin Bull" knives in 1998. Wendell is an excellent craftsman/knife maker; his "Fightin Bulls" are a step or two above regular production knives; and he makes a full custom from time to time ::tu:: ::tu:: The Fightin Bulls usually go for $100 to a few $100; on his eBay site "Knifeman110". I have owned several of his knives and all were excellent. :D Sam Turner has one of the largest collections; of Wendell's knives that I know of. :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::tu::

Paul
Attachments
DSCF7314.JPG
DSCF3312.JPG
DSCF3314.JPG
DSCF3279.JPG
DSCF3289.JPG
DSCF3317.JPG
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

a few swayback trappers.
Attachments
fightinbull1.jpg
fightinbull1.jpg (22.23 KiB) Viewed 692 times
11c6_1.jpg
11c6_1.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 692 times
d5fe_1.jpg
d5fe_1.jpg (17.99 KiB) Viewed 692 times
fightinbull2.jpg
fightinbull2.jpg (24.98 KiB) Viewed 692 times
FB1.jpg
FB1.jpg (22.45 KiB) Viewed 692 times
FB2.jpg
FB2.jpg (20.88 KiB) Viewed 692 times
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
Luckypaul777

Post by Luckypaul777 »

Chris, BEAUTIFUL. :mrgreen: ::tu:: ::tu:: I think this is the best pattern that Wendell does. ::nod:: I had some in the; same handle materials. Sure hate; I didn't hang on to them. :( I don't think Wendell will be; making knives much longer. :(

Paul
sunburst

Post by sunburst »

Wendell is also a first class individual who has impressed me more than once with his kindness and sincerity...
Attachments
BlackPearlFightinBullDoctorsKnife.jpg
“The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways”
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

sunburst wrote:Wendell is also a first class individual who has impressed me more than once with his kindness and sincerity...

WOW !! That Doctors Knife leaves me speechless.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “General Knife Discussion”