re size pdf

A place to ask and answer "How do I" questions and post tips & tricks that make your AAPK experience easier and more pleasant. Some little thing that you do all the time and take for granted may be an "aha moment" for a new or maybe even a veteran AAPK user.
Berryb

re size pdf

Post by Berryb »

Hi; I have several pages from a union hardware catalog that I was going to share in the catalog pages thread in the knife lore section. I scanned them into the computer and they all are 178% too big and half are upside down because of how I had to scan them. Anyway, should be an easy fix, just re size and rotate them. But whenever I do that it just defaults back to the way it was. I even downloaded a program that said it would do it, it didn't work.
Does anyone know how to do it. I'll even mail the pages, if somebody out there is better equipped than I am to do it. Thanks
Bruce
RalphAlsip

Re: re size pdf

Post by RalphAlsip »

I tried to attach a pdf file to this post and the system will not allow a pdf to be attached.

I can help you get the pdf's rotated, but it appears there is not a way to upload a pdf to AAPK. If you have a a "dropbox" or a shared folder on the Internet, then you can upload the pdf's to your shared folder and then post a link to that folder in an AAPK post.

Another alternative is to scan the catalog pages as images (.jpg) files instead of document (.pdf) files.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

You can probably copy each page of the .pdf and paste it into Paint and save it as a .jpg file and post the .jpg, depending on the software you have for working with the .pdf. I know it works with the old Adobe Creative Suite I had several PCs ago.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

My adobe software allows me to save PDF files as jpegs.
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
Dinadan
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Dinadan »

When you have the pdf page that you want to post on your screen you can hit the Print Screen button on the keyboard to copy the image, then open Paint or whatever you use and paste the image into the program by hitting Control + V. Then you can resize or save or rotate as you wish.
Mel
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

orvet wrote:You can probably copy each page of the .pdf and paste it into Paint and save it as a .jpg file and post the .jpg, depending on the software you have for working with the .pdf. I know it works with the old Adobe Creative Suite I had several PCs ago.
Dale;
Thanks for the info. I have finely been able to adjust my "Avatar" picture to 100 x 100 in the Paint program that you suggested.
Before today I could only post my Avatar as 20 X 20 from my Windows 10 pictures.
I did not know Paint had a "Resizing" tool. ::shrug:: ::groove::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan

Return to “AAPK Tips and Tricks -- An Illustrated FAQ Forum on Steriods”