PM2 vs endura

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

PM2 vs endura

Post by Colonel26 »

Some while back I misplaced/lost my beloved Endura. I've made due without it, but it's time it must be replaced. I loved that knife. But I've also been looking at, reading about how amazing the PM2 is as well. So what do y'all think?

Is the PM2 worth the price difference? Is it that much a better knife than the Endura FFG?

My old endura was the most comfortable knife I ever used. But if the PM2 is that much better I may go that rout.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: PM2 vs endura

Post by garddogg56 »

I personelly don't think its worth the extra ::hmm:: I was going to get a PM2 and ended up with a Manix2 which after breaking in the axis lock she turned out just fine for my work but I won't carry on weekends too much blade I love my AO Kershaws on the weekends ::super_happy::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about the manix2. I really like the blade shape, and it can be had for about the same price as the endura. Hmmm more to ponder.

I have a Kershaw Leek right now. But it sure ain't a Spyderco. I thought I'd just really fall in love with it. But nope.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
junebug

Post by junebug »

DO YER SELF A FAVOR MA FRIEND........ GET YOU A PM2. ::nod::
I DID AND NEVER LOOKED BACK = THANKS AGAIN TO,JOHN 8) ::handshake::
I HAVE CARRIED IT JUST ABOUT EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE ::ds:: MINUS 4-5 DAYS ::nod::

IT IS WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY, IMPO
I DO ADVISE PEOPLE TO BUY FROM A FORUM MEMBER OR A "SPYDERCO DEALER"......THERE ARE A TON OF FAKES OUT THERE , AND THEY ARE DANG GOOD NOW!!!!
DONT THINK THEY ARE FAKIN THE BLUE SCALED UNIT YET????
AND THE CUTLERY SHOP ORANGE SCALES & BLACK BLADE UNIT SURE IS SWEET LOOKIN' !!!!
THE DIGI CAM SCALES ARE PERTY COOL TOO............ ::tu::
I ROCK THE BLACK SCALES 8)

PM2 PM2 PM2 PM2 PM2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds:: :mrgreen:
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
junebug

Post by junebug »

:mrgreen:
Attachments
DSCN2407.JPG
DSCN2408.JPG
DSCN2417.JPG
DSCN2435.JPG
DSCN2840.JPG
DSCN2510.JPG
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I'll see if I can muddy the water a bit for you Wade. I'm going to suggest you put your mitts around a Spyderco Stretch before you make your purchase. Heck of a knife although it does not get the love around here that some of the other Spydie models get. I sure do love mine. 8)
Attachments
spyderco-stretch-c90pbk.jpg
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thanks guys.

Junie, I've heard about all those fakes. Not sure I could tell the difference at this point. Good advise. I like the looks of that black handled one of yours though. And I understand, John got me hooked on Spydercos! Never thought I'd like em. But boy do I ever!

Phil, muddy away! I like the looks of that stretch. I really like that blade profile. I'll take a look at them. The only real weakness I found in my Endura was the tip of the blade. It was weaker than it had to be imo, easy to tip. Looks like the Stretch fixed that. ::tu::
Robert E. Lee
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Awww Sucks guys... :oops: It weren't nothing!!! :lol: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

::handshake::
Robert E. Lee
junebug

Post by junebug »

::nod::
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :-P
Attachments
DSCN3738.JPG
DSCN2840.JPG
- Junebug 2016
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Awesome pics Junie!

You don't reckon that spyder would scare my honey bees off do ya?
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Boy. Just mention Spyderco and there comes Josh, crawlin' out of his cave. Good to "see" ya my little capitalistic friend.

I don't see how y'all tell those Spyderco's apart. They remind me of a bunch of inbreed hillrods, they all look alike and every one of them has a hole in their head. :lol:
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Hey! Them's my cousins yer a talkin' about!
Robert E. Lee
junebug

Post by junebug »

:mrgreen: YER APIARY SHOULD BE SAFE MA FRIEND!!..LOLOLOLOLOL

HOWDY JERRY, HA!......YEP IF/WHEN I DO VISIT AAPK THESE DAYS, I TRY TO STICK TO THIS "SPYDERCO" FORUM ::tu:: ::tu::

OH, & A NEW PIC TO "SWAY" WADE.................. pm2 ...... pm2 ..... pm2 ..... PM2 .............. PM2!!!! ::super_happy::
Attachments
DSCN3775.JPG
- Junebug 2016
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::nod::
Attachments
Winter2016 023.jpg
Winter2016 023.jpg
junebug

Post by junebug »

GOOFY AS THE BOY IS. ::cb:: ...... DOG IS RIGHT, DON'T FERGET TO CHECK OUT THE MANIX!
THERE ARE SEVERAL TYPES - DEF WORTH LOOKIN INTO!!! ::tu:: ::tu::

TIPS:
THE ORIG IS VERY STOUT - BATTLE BRICK! = HEAVY & DARN WELL MADE FEELING
THE NEXT GEN THE LIGHTENED THE LINERS= SAME QUALITY BUT LIGHTER
THEN THE LIGHT WEIGHT UNITS CAME OUT = UBER LIGHT , FERGET THEY ARE THERE
------SEVERAL STEELS USED THROUGH OUT
- Junebug 2016
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Good info fellas!
I will vouch for the Mannix 2 lightweight as well, great knife, super light and slim, excellent pocket clip as well.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Y'all sure ain't making this easy. Lol

I like about everyone Y'all posted.
Robert E. Lee
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

I know for me it was a tough choise ::shrug::
Attachments
Winter2016 016.jpg
aux80

Post by aux80 »

For me, I have to go with the Endura all the way. It's not as flashy, but it's perfect for EDC.

If you ever wear gloves while you use your knife, the Endura works much better with gloves. I can easily open and close my Endura, even wearing THICK gloves (with one hand of course). When I try to do that with the Paramilitary2, the material of the glove typically gets wedged in the compression lock. It just isn't an issue with the Endura.

It's affordable. It's reliable. You won't cry if you break it because you spent too much money.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

aux80 wrote:For me, I have to go with the Endura all the way. It's not as flashy, but it's perfect for EDC.

If you ever wear gloves while you use your knife, the Endura works much better with gloves. I can easily open and close my Endura, even wearing THICK gloves (with one hand of course). When I try to do that with the Paramilitary2, the material of the glove typically gets wedged in the compression lock. It just isn't an issue with the Endura.

It's affordable. It's reliable. You won't cry if you break it because you spent too much money.
Well there you go, that's definitely a consideration. I could do the same with my old Endura. That's definitely a must have.
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”