A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

A place to discuss modern tactical knives like Benchmade, Spyderco, Kershaw, Cold Steel, CRKT, and more.
junebug

A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

Post by junebug »

HEY GUYS!!!!!!

JUST WANTED TO SHOW A LIL LUV FOR GREAT WARRANTY SERVICE!!!!!!!! ::ds:: ::tu::

I CONTACTED SPYDERCO ABOUT SOME MISSING SCREWS IN A ENDURA CLIP......(REPLACED BY 2 FLAT HEADS)

WELL.........5 DAYS LATER :shock: ::super_happy:: (FAST!!!) I HAD ALL THIS!!!!!!!!!!!
AND ALL FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!! ::groove:: ::groove:: ::groove::
3- SCREWS
1-TUBE OF BLUE LOC-TITE 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ...WOW...CLASSY!!!
2-CATALOG'S
1-PRICE LIST BOOK-MSRP $$$
1-POSTER!!!!!!!! ::ds:: 8)

I AM NEW TO SPYDERCO.............THANK YOU CUTTY & SIMPLEMAN! ::handshake:: ::handshake::
I THINK I HAVE FOUND A COMPANY I WILL BE DOING BUSINESS WITH ALOT!!!!!
AND WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT TA BOOT!

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR ANY OTHER EXPERIENCES ON THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE/WARRANTY END: GOOD OR BAD.........

SIDE NOTE: I JUST GOT OFF PHONE WITH "CAMILLUS" ON A SEPERATE KNIFE ISSUE....AND JAMES WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL!!!! I WILL DO A SEPERATE POST ABOUT THAT EXPERIENCE WHEN
I RECEIVE MY "WIDE-BLADE" Ti FOLDER BACK FROM THEM............ ::nod::
Attachments
THIS JUST IN AND EBAY MIX 054.JPG
THIS JUST IN AND EBAY MIX 056.JPG
THIS JUST IN AND EBAY MIX 057.JPG
THIS JUST IN AND EBAY MIX 055.JPG
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Cutty

Re: A LIL SPYDERCO PRAISE......SHOWIN SOME LUV :)

Post by Cutty »

Well looks like ol' spidey done bit ya good bug.

Glad to hear that about their CS department ::tu:: :mrgreen:

Don't be blamin' me if that ol' spidey gets mean and takes more than yer willin' ta loose :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I dig half stops!!

"GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO, SO THAT YOU GET TO DO, WHATCHA WANNA DO"
My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

It's nice to see positive comments about a US knife company. ::tu:: So often on the internet all you get is the negative.

Spyderco makes a quality product (even if they are butt ugly) and stands behind what they sell.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

PHIL................YOU BEEN STAREIN' AT YER OWN BUTT AGAIN???? :shock: ::sotb:: ::super_happy:: ::poke:: ::sot::

YEAH, IT IS NICE TO BE TREATED LIKE A CUSTOMER, BY A COMPANY ALSO ::tu:: ::groove::
NOT JUST A SALE.........

***************DISCLAIMER FOR THE TOO DARN SERIOUS**************

(FRIENDLY JOKE PPL)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Good deal buggie, glad to hear it.

I have had nothing but good dealings with Spyderco for 15 or so years now. ::tu::

Yeah, I'm hooked too. ::uc::
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I don't own a single Spyderco (ugly knife) mainly because of their prices (ugly knife) but every time I mention anything (ugly knife) about it on a forum (ugly knife) the loyalty of their customers is right up there with the Benchmade Bali high clubbers so they must be doing something right (ugly knife) ::shrug::

Did I mention I think they are an UGLY knife? ::dang::

I very happy they took care of you Junebug . Their service has a great reputation. ::tu::
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

YEA what Wazu said ::woot::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

Sal did once say that “…tractors don't have to look like Ferraris” :mrgreen:
stagman
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by stagman »

spydiie.jpg
Here is mine when it was new...I carry it almost every day when I do not
have my Crawford in my britches...I like it, cuts well, holds a edge, easy deploy,
got no complaints at all about it, homely, maybe, ugly, not !!!
Stag
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

The subject Josh started this thread with is Spyderco's customer service. My only contact with that part of their business was a good experience. (while I was at the factory store, she sharpened my Delica and did a good job) One for Josh.

On a different chicken, as far as looks go, they do nothing for me. I do have to say though, as unattractive as I find it, that thumb hole is light years ahead of ANY thumbstud opening knife I've ever handled. It's the only thumb opener I never had to struggle with.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Carry a Spydie every day!! I too find the thumb hole ahead of any thumb stud!! Great with gloves on too!!

Beauty is in the eys of the beholder!! ::woot:: I LIKEUM!!! ::ds:: ::tu:: ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

jmh58 wrote:Beauty is in the eys of the beholder!! John :D
We always say, "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder".
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

They arent made to look at. ::tu::
Mark
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I really think the Delica and Endura and even the Tenacious are not all that ugly. I'm not sure if they are made in America or Japan or china but they do look like great users. Now take the Jot Singh Kalsa (whatever that is). It's MSRP is $299.95 made in japan. The materials are nothing to extraordinary, G10 scales and VG10 steel. I think for the money a couple American made knives could give me a little more of a twinge .
Your right beauty is in the mind of the beholder. Another way to put is is all my taste are in my ars.
Attachments
C40G_L__88633.1401883299.1280.1280.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

[quote="wazu013"]I'm not sure if they are made in America or Japan or china but they do look like great users.quote]
Both of my Delicas are made in Japan.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Lotta people love those knives but I ain't one of them--I really don't think the thumb hole works all that great on any that I've handled but it is a one hand opener and was probably one of the first companies making a one hand opener---they've always been over priced and not all made in the USA--I have only bought one back in the mid 90's think it's a Celofontine er something like that & made in the USA--somebody make me an offer on it--it's still in the box
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I got myself into some serious BS when I was determined to buy a Spyderco. After a few weeks of checking them out I decided on their Brad Southard folder. After all how could you go wrong with G10 and Titanium covering a blade made of Carpenter's steel. I had one lined up for about $250 delivered. Just before I pulled the trigger I saw it was made in Taiwan. To me this is a deal breaker. Knives made in Taiwan are at least 40% cheaper than U.S. mfg. knives. What can I say. When I mentioned this on the Big Forum (BF) in the sky I was told I didn't understand what it takes to build a knife and if it were made in America a low life like me couldn't afford it. This may be be true but I took my limited knowledge and actual lack of I.Q. and bought a ZT 501. Of course I had to suffer with Elmax steel but it had G10 and Titanium and was made in the USA. Somehow they managed to sell it for $40 less. I just didn't know that Taiwan had been paying their workforce as much as the Americans and I didn't understand that Taiwan has caught and even surpassed the rest of the world in metal heat treat and quality control. Of course Spyderco was the force behind this miracle. It was pointed out to me that their knives and labor costs were not to be compared to any other country in the far east. If I had only finished my Masters I'm sure it would have entered my computer somewhere along the line. What an embarrasment that I suffered through. Be-littled in front of the whole tactical knife buying industry. I would have changed my name but I couldn't find one that fit better that the one I was born with, Carnegie. :lol:

Now I know there's a bunch of people or maybe not, that just read my post and would love to take me to school over it. I'm sorry if I hit a nerve but I really had no idea that Spyderco has managed to put profit behind quality and moved their or some of their operation to China and Taiwan no matter what the sacrifice was to their bottom line. Their goal is putting out the best possible product on the cutlery planet. ::tu::

Once again though, I want to add that Spydero has the best customer care in the industry. Even if you need help with a sprint run they will be happy to help you out as much as possible ::tu::
Ramrod

Post by Ramrod »

A little praise, and showin some luv...
Or,
NOT.
lol

Mark

Pig,
Sounds like a real P.O.S.
Ill give ya $30 since you got the box too.
haha
Mark
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Ramrod wrote:A little praise, and showin some luv...
Or,
NOT.
lol

Mark

Pig,
Sounds like a real P.O.S.
Ill give ya $30 since you got the box too.
haha
Mark
That'll work if you want to pay for shipping----
Probably be at least $150.00 maybe more I'll get back to ya with an exact quote if you're serious---
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
junebug

Post by junebug »

:mrgreen:
this thread has gotten a lil SPEED WOBBLE........heheheheh....but HET ,I LIKE IT!!!! ::tu::
I FIND IT ALL GOOD INFO,TO ME!

I AGREE AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!! GLAD TO SEE OTHERS FEEL THE SAME,WAS NO FLUKE!

WAZU- WHAT CAN I SAY MAN..............I TOO WAS "BOGGLED" BY THE WHOLE "B. SOUTHARD" PRICE!!!!
WTH IS GOIN THERE????....(ON SEP. DEAL...I DIG WHATS COMEIN' FROM TAIWAN,SEEM TO BE GREAT ,CHEAP COST-not this'n ::mdm:: ,HARD USE EDC BEATERS FOR WORK)
...........BUT YEAH BRO, I'M A PICKIN' UP WHAT YER A LAYIN' DOWN :wink: :mrgreen:

PIGSTICKER - PM SENT ::tu::

KEEP ER GOIN FELLAS........... ::super_happy::
- Junebug 2016
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

The Ladybug does make a great key chain knife. The most scientifically developed one on the market today. No doubt about it.

I know someone wants to rip me over this ::nod:: I have been through this before ::smack::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I think there's not much middle ground with Spyderco. You either love 'em or you hate 'em. Maybe hate is a bit strong but you get the idea.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
junebug

Post by junebug »

I AGREE JERRY.............. ::nod::

WAZ.....I WOULD HOPE NOBODY HERE WOULD DING A GUY, FOR A PERSONAL OPINION ON A SUBJECT. ::paranoid:: ::super_happy:: ::handshake::
- Junebug 2016
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

junebug wrote:I AGREE JERRY.............. ::nod::

WAZ.....I WOULD HOPE NOBODY HERE WOULD DING A GUY, FOR A PERSONAL OPINION ON A SUBJECT. ::paranoid:: ::super_happy:: ::handshake::

I would hope so too.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
junebug

Post by junebug »

WAZ....... YOU GOT ME TA THINKIN....................AS I DO NOT HAVE A "LADYBUG"........

BUT I DO HAVE A "DRAGONFLY" IN H1 STEEL....... THE FRAME ADDS A CHOIL AND JIMPING TOP N BOTTOM.......WOW WHAT A TON OF KNIFE IN A SMALL PACKAGE!!!

THEY DO SEEM PRICEY ON EBAY STILL, IF NEW (I NEVER GO BY MSRP what a joke those are,right?)....BUT I BUY MOST ALL MY KNIVES "USED"..... AND GOT MY DRAGONFLY FOR $15 IN A LOT WITH THIS DELICA... :shock: :mrgreen:

YEAH ITS YELLER AN FRN.....BUT HET!....WHAT'CHA GONNA DO....UGLY CHICKS NEED A LIL LUVIN' TOO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DANG FELLERZ, ::mdm:: .......I LIKE THE WAY SPYDERCO'S LOOK,ESPECIALLY THE STAINLESS HANDLES ::nod:: ::groove:: ...... BUT DEF. NOT ALL OF EM! ::tu:: ::handshake::
Attachments
DRAGONFLY AND DELICA.JPG
DRAGONFLY AND DELICA.JPG (30.08 KiB) Viewed 4086 times
- Junebug 2016

Return to “Modern Tactical Knives”