Help me determine what this ID number is...

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
jamez1965

Help me determine what this ID number is...

Post by jamez1965 »

Hi, new to the forum.

I just inherited my great grandfather's Robeson ShurEdge, 1922-1939 model (not sure of the exact year he purchased it). I was just barely able to identify the tang stamp (make & model), but need additional help reading the ID numbers. Photo on Flickr, link below. Looks like something, two, two, something, three?

Anyway, would love to know the handle material, and if anyone knows anything about this knife, I'd love to hear it, thanks!

https://c2.staticflickr.com/9/8589/2805 ... fc82_c.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8809/2838 ... 7f97_c.jpg
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help me determine what this ID number is...

Post by Miller Bro's »

::welcome:: Charlie should be along to fill you in on the details.

The handles are well worn jigged bone.
AAPK Janitor
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Nice honest old knife with a lot of character.

You didn't say how long the knife is with the blades closed, but I suspect it's 3 1/2".

I think the pattern number is probably 62213. Actually, it would be 622013, as Robeson used a six digit system, but tended to omit that fourth digit zero on the knives whose last three digits were 001 through 099.

The first digit "6" would denote bone handles; the second digit "2" would denote two blades, the third digit "2" would denote brass liners and nickel-silver bolsters and the last three digits "013" were the handle-die shape number.

Here is a photo of my 622013.

If your knife is not 3 1/2", then I will have to rethink my opinion.

Charlie Noyes
Attachments
622013B.jpg
622013B.jpg (12.71 KiB) Viewed 1738 times
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
jamez1965

Post by jamez1965 »

It is indeed 3 1/2". Thanks so much, you guys! I know zero about pocket knives, but I'm thrilled that this was passed on to me, especially now that I know a little more. I will cherish it. ::tu::

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”