unique piece

The first Robeson knives were imported by Millard Robeson from England and Germany exclusively. This continued from 1979 until 1896 when Robeson began manufacturing knives in the United States. Since inception, the company has gone through several reorganizations & eventually ended up as a Queen Cutlery brand.
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

unique piece

Post by royal0014 »

Saw this on the 'bay. The auction was about to end, so I saved the pictures.
There were no bids, so the seller re-listed :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271546851820?ss ... 1423.l2649
robesone1.JPG
robeson3.jpg
[/color]
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: unique piece

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

A self sharpening Robeson kitchen knife holder. Every time you remove or replace a knife, the knife edge passes through two small sharpening stones.

Think about that. Robeson came up with a way for you to always have a sharp knife. ::tu::

They also came up with a way to cause you to need new knives more often than you would if you weren't using this storage unit. ::td::

Cunning little devils, weren't they? ::groove::

These come up on Ebay fairly often. I've even seen them new, still in the box with explanatory stickers still in place on the glass.

I have one of these full of Robeson knives, but they are not the knives we use every day.

Charlie
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: unique piece

Post by carrmillus »

..........that is really clever!!!!...................... ::tu:: ::tu::.....................

Return to “Robeson Cutlery Company Collector's Forum”