Colonial Knife ????

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Richie

Colonial Knife ????

Post by Richie »

IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3108.JPG
Hi, people from the "question" section suggested I post this knife photo here. They think it may be a Colonial? Any idea as to age?

Thanks,
Richard
knives-are-quiet

Re: Colonial Knife ????

Post by knives-are-quiet »

My Thoughts is it is from Ideal.........
A cheap novelty knife.......
Here are pictures of one I got as a kid.
Won it as a prize on the Wildwood New Jersey board walk in the 1970's
It is almost identical in construction.
Small blade has just USA and main blade has The Ideal with u.s.a. underneath it.
JW~
Attachments
DSC04161_zps4435b45f.jpg
DSC_0240_zps59f49824.jpg
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

The reason I lean towards Colonial as opposed to Ideal is the blade. Ideals typically have that single wide bevel on the blades, the OP blade looks like a flat grind.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Both look very similar. There was discussion in the question forum about Ideal vs Colonial. I guessed it was a cheap knife. The bold USA is what caught my eye. Even though cheap, it is a neat little knife. Saw one on Ebay similar which was advertised as Colonial. Only experts like you folks could tell the difference.

Richie

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”