Knife ID

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
lurejunkee

Knife ID

Post by lurejunkee »

Hi recently came across this knife and I was wondering if someone could shed some light on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
knife.JPG
knife2.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knife ID

Post by treefarmer »

lurejunkee,
There is a man, user name "Bonfire Bob", Robert Paolantonio, here on AAPK that can probably tell you everything about your advertising knife. His family was the owners of Colonial. Maybe he will chime in and let us know more about your knife.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
lurejunkee

Post by lurejunkee »

treefarmer wrote:lurejunkee,
There is a man, user name "Bonfire Bob", Robert Paolantonio, here on AAPK that can probably tell you everything about your advertising knife. His family was the owners of Colonial. Maybe he will chime in and let us know more about your knife.
Treefarmer
Thank you, I appreciate that.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Basic 2 blade jack.
The "value" in this one is in the tang stamp......which is curved and if I remember correctly wasn't used much after the early 40's.....possibly earlier.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
lurejunkee

Post by lurejunkee »

Thanks for the info TF, I really was just curious about the date and the significance to the lable. I thought it was pretty neat.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”