Gent's Pen

Colonial Knife was incorporated in 1926 by three brothers; Antonio, Domenic, & Fredrick Paolantonio. It grew to become one of the largest pocket knife manufacturers in the US during the 1960s. The company shut down in 1998, but was back into production under the Colonial Cutlery International Corporation in 2001. Colonial Cutlery International, Inc. brand is the imported line of knives and tools while the U.S.A.- made products fall under the Colonial Knife brand.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Gent's Pen

Post by Ridgegrass »

Yard sale today, $1. 2-7/8" stainless pen. "Homestead Valves". Old timey looking. Totally untouched, just dirty. J.O'.
Attachments
IMG_6095.jpg
IMG_6096.jpg
IMG_6097.jpg
LRV

Re: Gent's Pen

Post by LRV »

Nice find.
Interesting shape too.
Thanks for posting
Larry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by deo-pa »

Can’t go wrong at that price! A venerable Pennsylvania company that’s been around since the 19th century. Good find.

Dennis
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

Thanks guys. It had rained yesterday and the knife was in a bucket with a couple inches or water. Good thing it's stainless! I would call the shape, swell center pen. Guess you meant Homestead Valves is an old PA firm. Nice. J.O'.
Ridgegrass
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ridgegrass »

I just contacted Homestead to describe the knife and asked when they were given out. It'll be fun to find out. (If they answer) I'm guessing the 50's-70's. J.O'.

Return to “Colonial Knife Collector's Forum”