A new Schrade SCHOTF8TB

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
Captain O

A new Schrade SCHOTF8TB

Post by Captain O »

I recently received a new Schrade SCHOTF8TB "Viper" assisted opening OTF. Made in Taiwan, the black Tanto blade with SCHRADE in silver can be "nudged" about 1/4" with the cocking "spur" or pushed from a side button until the spring takes over and launches the 3.375" blade from the black 5.125" aluminum handle.

The blade sits offset in the handle to accommodate the assisted opening mechanism, and the AUS-8 blade holds a decent edge The system locks the blade in both the open and closed positions The safety works well and in the open position the blade has very little play. It locks up tight! I wasn't expecting anything spectacular for $40.95 + $3.99 shipping from Blade Play, but was surprised at the quality and value for the money. The spear point and serrated versions of both Tanto and Spear blades on the Schrade Viper knives will not be a disappointment. These knives range from $39 to $41 (+ shipping) and will prove both utilitarian and entertaining as well. The steel is good enough to be "put to work" without too much concern. Just remember that the blade will require more frequent sharpening than 440C steel and you'll be just fine.

These knives are a better value than I had anticipated. If you're old enough to remember the Alka Seltzer advertisements from the 1970's, the quality of these knives fit the tag line of the commercial: "Try it, you'll like it!"

Captain O
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A new Schrade SCHOTF8TB

Post by jerryd6818 »

Since Captain Obvious wasn't so obvious this morning (too early??) here's some pictures of his new toy, taken from the web site he mentioned.
Attachments
schrade-schotf8tb-side-cm-large.jpg
schrade-otf-schotf8tb-dl-large.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Captain O

Re: A new Schrade SCHOTF8TB

Post by Captain O »

I knew you'd like it.

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”