Italian Switches

If you like Automatic knives, this is the forum to discuss and display them.
wiseguy

Re: Italian Switches

Post by wiseguy »

looks like a real cool knife Glenn ::tu::
singin46

Post by singin46 »

Yep, words to live by Glenn! ::nod::
Love all Jacks
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Hey Glenn, it's funny how some story's are very common! I'm sure your all familiar with the very old "fruit knives". I not talking about the long, white serrated and none serrated stainless fruit like Colonial's # 701, and it's smaller partner, the #601. I'm talking about very old strange little knives that usually had designs on the covers and had two blades. One master blade and one strange little blade that looked more like a pick than a blade!
These knives were used, mostly by the wealthy, and they used the blade to actually sliced the fruit, and they would use the pick blade to remove seeds from the fruit!! Well,
99% of these knives were made out of stearling silver!! Yup! With the exception of the springs they made these from silver because it wouldn't rust!!!
I started collecting them at flea markets, yard sales, anywhere I could! Folks didn't know what these were so often I would buy them for 8, 10, and 12 bucks!!
Unfortunately the need for cash forced me to sell the dozen or so I had. I got $ 350.00 for them all!! And this was 25 years ago! DAM, I wish I still had them...
And this is the story of the day from Bobby P. ::undecided::
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Glenn, I didn't see a picture of that girl scout knife??
Post it again if you please..Thanks, Bobby..
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Bonfire bob wrote:Hey Glenn, it's funny how some story's are very common! I'm sure your all familiar with the very old "fruit knives". I not talking about the long, white serrated and none serrated stainless fruit like Colonial's # 701, and it's smaller partner, the #601. I'm talking about very old strange little knives that usually had designs on the covers and had two blades. One master blade and one strange little blade that looked more like a pick than a blade!
These knives were used, mostly by the wealthy, and they used the blade to actually sliced the fruit, and they would use the pick blade to remove seeds from the fruit!! Well,
99% of these knives were made out of stearling silver!! Yup! With the exception of the springs they made these from silver because it wouldn't rust!!!
I started collecting them at flea markets, yard sales, anywhere I could! Folks didn't know what these were so often I would buy them for 8, 10, and 12 bucks!!
Unfortunately the need for cash forced me to sell the dozen or so I had. I got $ 350.00 for them all!! And this was 25 years ago! DAM, I wish I still had them...
And this is the story of the day from Bobby P. ::undecided::
Is this the type of knife your talking about? This one is MOP without the pick blade.
Attachments
Vintage MOP 015.JPG
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Bonfire bob wrote:Hey Glenn, it's funny how some story's are very common! I'm sure your all familiar with the very old "fruit knives". I'm talking about very old strange little knives that usually had designs on the covers and had two blades. One master blade and one strange little blade that looked more like a pick than a blade!
Bob:
Check the "Knife Lore" forum here and on page 2 you will find a long post about silver fruit knives along with some great pictures.I have a couple dozen of these;some with carved pearl scales and even one with gold plating on it.Title of the post is,"Silver fruit knives...the golden age".Check it out when you get a moment.
Adventure BEFORE Dementia!
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

I will check it out, thanks! That silver blade, MOP is beautiful! This knife is definately in the catagory we're talking about!
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Here`s an Italian " button lock" stiletto thats kind of cool 8) vs the picklock and bolster release ones ....1960s with horn handles and swedge blade and nickel hardware ....rostfrei over # 4 stamp ::tu:: ImageImage
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Very nice toy wiseguy! Nice shape too!
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Thanks , here`s one that`s no toy .....Enjoy !
johnnierotten

Post by johnnierotten »

Never seen one exactly like that......very Sweet. ::tu::
johnnierotten

So far,So good...So What!!
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Greetings wiseguy!
You know what you've got there, don't you?? (I wish I knew what was on the tang; please tell us). ::pray::
This is a push button Big Game hunting knife!! The big, sharp blade and saw were ment to gut and cut the tuff viens, asafocuss, (spelling!), and all that hard material up near the throat. All of you hunters out there like myself that have gutted and cleaned a deer or bear, you know what I'm talking about! The big givaway is that "U" shaped tool up near the top of the knife marked "16"....That tool is meant to extract a 16 gage shotgun shell out of some of the older guns that didn't have automatic shell ejectors...
This baby is in beautiful shape and if it was mine, I'd never part with it..
I hope I helped with some details you may noy have been aware of!
Bobby P CKCo..."Cutler 4-Ever".... ::tu::
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

You are correct Bonfire B .....and its about to get used on a buck that keeps eating my dang plants 8) Its made by Venier cutlery in Maniago Italy , the other side has a 12g shell puller .
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Very cool knife!! Dual purpase shell extracter and you can clearly see the lever on the reverse side. The old brake barrel side by side shotguns did not have extractor's!!
With the automatic push-button opening feature, this knife was the one to carry with big game hunting!
Wicked nice piece...if you ever consider selling it, call me first!
Your friend, Bobby P. CKCo..."Cutler 4-Ever"... ::woot::
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

PM sent 8)
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Got your PM bro, I wish I could afford it now; but make sure you get good bucks for it!!
wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

O.k. Back to Italy :lol: Rosco`s 13''
Bonfire bob

Post by Bonfire bob »

Oh yeah, Buffalo horn, grinding compliments the drunkin' grinder!! ::woot:: ::woot:: Haha.
These baby's didn't even have an edge!! They didn't need one cause they were made to JAB IN!! Ask ole' pigsticker, he know's!! :D
lb58

Post by lb58 »

knife7knut wrote:I love ALL types of spring assisted knives;German;Italian;USA;wherever.Here are most of mine.The pic was taken several years ago so there are probably a few more.
I don't find them too often anymore and when I do they are usually drastically over-priced and/or in poor shape.I have a few in there that need to be worked on and maybe when I retire(again)I'll get around to fixing them.

New to this chat room. Have 3 Rizzuto Estileto Milano switchblades. Trying to learn more about them. Have been in the family a long time and have lost all of the generation that knew about them. One is almost 11" open, almost 9" open and a little over 7" open. Looking forward to learning more about them. Have enjoyed the research so far.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

::welcome::

Please post some pictures of your knives :wink:
AAPK Janitor
lb58

Post by lb58 »

Am anxious to learn more about the three Rizzuto Estileto Milano switchblades that have been in the family for a long time. The generations that knew detail about them are gone. Three different sizes. The research so far has been so interesting, but feel that this forum will yield a great amount of information.
lb58

Post by lb58 »

Will try to get a decent photo of the three.
lb58

Post by lb58 »

Trying to post photos. Thanks for your patience. I will get better with practice!
Attachments
Will try to get better photos.  The blades don't show up very well.
Will try to get better photos. The blades don't show up very well.
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Thought I'd post some newer pictures here.I don't know if they will all go through as my computer is still screwing up.Probably have to make two posts.Some aren't autos but lookalikes.
Attachments
2012Drawer15 1.jpg
2012Drawer15 2.jpg
2012Drawer15 3.jpg
2012Drawer15 4.jpg
2012Drawer15 5.jpg
2012Drawer15 6A.jpg
2012Drawer15 7.jpg
2012Drawer15 8A.jpg
knife7knut

Post by knife7knut »

Well that worked;let's see if I can download a few more.
Attachments
2012Drawer15 9.jpg
2012Drawer15 10.jpg
2012Drawer15 11.jpg
2012Drawer15 12.jpg
2012Drawer15 13.jpg
2012Drawer15 14.jpg
2012Drawer15 15.jpg
2012Drawer15 16.jpg
2012Drawer15 17.jpg

Return to “Switchblade Knife Collector`s Forum”