Oh my goodness, he has a knife!!

This forum is to share stories that are meaningful, or entertaining. The posts can be original stories, stories passed down in a family or a region, they could be based on a person's experience, childhood, or basically on anything. They could even be fictional, or humorous, so long as they are stories.
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Oh my goodness, he has a knife!!

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

A good many folks in Alabama walk around with a knife pouch on their belts, Bucks, Schrades, etc.

So, knives are not that big a deal.

I do, however, almost routinely cut a steak with the knife in my pocket, instead of those big fat wood handled "steak knives" provided by the restaurant to those that order steak or pork chops.

I get a lot of odd looks when I used it and then lay it on the table, as the current pocket carry is a heavy duty 4 1/4" A. G. Russell cocobolo handled gunstock folder with a massive, but wickedly sharp, clip blade.

I don't know if they're shocked by the knife or the pocket lint I wipe off just before I use it.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

:mrgreen: Charlie you're a man after my own heart. I too use my own knife when cutting meat in a restaurant. I figure if I've got it I might as well use it. My thought is if it offends anyone, they're just too sensitive.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
RobesonsRme.com
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

Phil, I started doing that years ago while attending an NKCA knife show in Springfield, Missouri.

I was going to dinner with some dealer friends, Cindy and Jim Taylor and a man I had just met named Fred Hunter.

As we were about to leave for the evening, Fred Hunter picked up a multi-hundred dollar custom made knife from his table, covered the table and we left.

He used that knife to cut his steak that night and it went through that beef like it was literally butter.

I asked him about it and he said, "You'll never see a restaurant steak knife do that."

I was hooked.

That knife was back on his sales table the next day. :roll:

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

8) Too cool.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009

Return to “Mostly True Stories”