Some of my Western collection

In 1911, H. N. Platts, was able to draw on his extensive friendships and family connections in the cutlery world to start Western States Cutlery and Manufacturing of Boulder Colorado. At first only a jobbing business, by 1920 construction and machinery purchases were underway to begin manufacture of knives. Through name changes--to Western States Cutlery Co. in 1953, then Western Cutlery Co. in 1956--and moves first across town and later to Longmont Colorado, the company stayed under the leadership of the Platt family until 1984. In that year, the company was sold to Coleman, becoming Coleman-Western. Eventually purchased by Camillus in 1991, Western continued until Camillus expired in 2007.
BurkinshawFan

Some of my Western collection

Post by BurkinshawFan »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and am posting some of my knives. The smaller fixed blade in this post is the only one I wont get rid of, it's just for show. The other 2 are available for trade or possibly sale. I'm looking for these knife brands in this order of preference: Burkinshaw, Western, Kabar, Buck, Case, and Remington. I'm looking for vintage knives only unless there is a really nice new knife. If you would like to know a blade length let me know as well.
Attachments
Nice old Western 1935-1950.
My favorite Western, beautiful condition with original sheath, 1928-1931, not for sale or trade.
My favorite Western, beautiful condition with original sheath, 1928-1931, not for sale or trade.
Have this old original Western case as well.
Have this old original Western case as well.
Looking for these knife brands in this order of preference: Burkinshaw, Western, Kabar, Buck, Case, White Stag, Southington and Remington.
Joe58

Re: Some of my Western collection

Post by Joe58 »

Being located in Nebraska, Western knives were quite common here when I was a kid, and were sold just about everywhere.

If I knew then what I know now.......hindsight and 20/20 and all that right? ::doh::
BurkinshawFan

Re: Some of my Western collection

Post by BurkinshawFan »

Yeah Western's are beautiful knives. It's tough for me to choose my favorite brand of all time, they are definitely neck in neck with Burkinshaw. Too bad you can't go back in time and buy all those old Westerns.
Joe58 wrote:Being located in Nebraska, Western knives were quite common here when I was a kid, and were sold just about everywhere.

If I knew then what I know now.......hindsight and 20/20 and all that right? ::doh::
Looking for these knife brands in this order of preference: Burkinshaw, Western, Kabar, Buck, Case, White Stag, Southington and Remington.

Return to “Western Cutlery Collector's Forum”