High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by jerryd6818 »

kootenay joe wrote:Quote Jerry: "I too am accustomed to slow service out of China"

Do you really mean "slow service" ? or long delivery time ?
The sellers in China i have bought from get the knife mailed out within 24-48 hours which is good service, not slow.
kj
No, I meant slow service. Lucky you.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

For a knife to be considered "Chinese" does it have to be made by a Chinese company, or is any knife that is made in a factory physically located in the country of China by Chinese workers considered a "Chinese knife" even those made under officially licensed, registered & trademarked USA based companies? (Kinda similar to the question of whether a Northwoods knife is actually a Northwoods or a Great Eastern Cutlery knife.)

Reason I ask is because I have several AG Russell knives that were made in a Chinese factory (located in China) by Chinese workers, but I really do not consider them to be "Chinese" knives so much as AG Russell knives that AG had made in China. Same thing with the Hen & Rooster knives that were made in Germany when AG Russell owned that brand; are they German knives or AG Russell knives that were just made in Germany?

Here's my latest AG Russell / high quality "Chinese" knife:
P2110478.JPG
P2110466.JPG
~Q~
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

QTCut5 wrote:For a knife to be considered "Chinese" does it have to be made by a Chinese company, or is any knife that is made in a factory physically located in the country of China by Chinese workers considered a "Chinese knife" even those made under officially licensed, registered & trademarked USA based companies?

~Q~
~Q~ my opinion. Made by workers from any country, in a factory located in China. Chinese knife no matter who's tang stamp is on it. Made in a factory located in one of the 50 United States, USA made. To me, that's why goods are mandated to have the country of origin on them. Although I have a Ganzo, made in China, with NO country of origin on it. Others are welcome to their own opinion.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I vaguely recall reading somewhere once that the reason for laws regulating identification of the country of origin on products had something to do with international trade agreements & import/export tariffs and possibly also trademark protection (which may also speak to the concept of quality standards). But, it is interesting to note that other factors aside (racism, political differences, human rights abuses, low wages, sub-standard working conditions, trademark infringement, etc.), the reason to avoid buying a knife made in any particular country really can not be attributed exclusively to consistently lower quality manufacturing of every knife produced in that country; and certainly China is no exception--as many others have demonstrated in this thread with numerous examples of well-made Chinese knives.

~Q~

~Q~
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) I have to say I was pretty satisfied with the Service from Gearbest. I knew shipping from China takes at least a month. When I purchased my knives, I registered my account at the top of their page and had no communication problems at all! I could log in to my account/order page and pretty much track where my knife package was all the way to the Port of Los Angeles. Once it was at the Port, I received the knives a couple a days later from my local Post Office. I also like the fact I could use Paypal to make my purchases and not have my Visa card number floating around Hong Kong! ::tounge::
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Speaking of Ganzo Knives, I picked this one up on Amazon. It's a Ganzo G717, with 440C steel and sculpted desert tan G-10 Handles. The knife is built like a Tank and Hair popping sharp. This knife is one of the early Ganzo models before they started thinning out the linners and it weighs a Ton. Too Heavy in the pocket for me, especially in my work slacks. I gave it to one of my Jarhead friends at work and he Loves the Extra Heft to it, so to each his own!
Attachments
Ganzo G717 Portable Axis Locking Foldable  Knife 440C Stainless Steel Blade  -  KHAKI.jpg
Ganzo G717 Portable Axis Locking Foldable Camping Hunting Knife 440C Stainless Steel Blade  -  KHAKI.jpg
MITCH

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

QTCut5, a Chinese knife is any knife made in China regardless of what is marked on it.
kj
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

I can accept that logic, KJ.

I have noticed that, for some reason, it matters very much to many people if a knife was made in China. When I show my knives to someone and I identify the different countries where they were made (USA, England, Ireland, France, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czechoslovakia, Argentina, Japan, Pakistan), it's the mention of China that frequently elicits a strong negative reaction, an automatic dismissal, a lack of interest or even outright contempt, regardless of the quality of the knife.

I'm sure they must have their reasons (rational or otherwise), but I do find it curious.

~Q~

~Q~
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Speaking of Ganzo Knives, I picked this one up on Amazon. It's a Ganzo G717, with 440C steel and sculpted desert tan G-10 Handles. The knife is built like a Tank and Hair popping sharp. This knife is one of the early Ganzo models before they started thinning out the linners and it weighs a Ton. Too Heavy in the pocket for me, especially in my work slacks. I gave it to one of my Jarhead friends at work and he Loves the Extra Heft to it, so to each his own!
You silver tongued devil. You talked me right into it. My daughter is supposed to be in the process of ordering one (she has Amazon Prime) and having it sent to me. I'm in the process of putting the cash in the mail to send to her. Should work out well.

Edit: Just got a text from her. It should be here Wednesday.
Attachments
GANZO G717-O.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

Hey Jerry, You do Love you some Orange! :lol: Nice Find!
MITCH

jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

MITCH RAPP wrote:Hey Jerry, You do Love you some Orange! :lol: Nice Find!
Tee tee.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I got an email from GearBest that 4 of the 6 knives I ordered shipped yesterday.
One that is coming is the Ganzo G727M, little lighter than the G717.
I also ordered a Sanrenmu LAND 910 that I think I will like. The steel is 12C27 though I am not sure exactly what that is.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Dale of all the new Ganzo's and Sanrenmu's I have tried out, I really like the Sanrenmu LAND 910 Best! I bought a Black one and a Green one and I do like them a lot. I have been buying some of these new Chinese knives to try them out and then giving them away to some of my Work Mates. But the 2 Sanrenmu LAND 910's I bought are keepers and EDCers for me. Very Nice Knives! ::tu::
Attachments
Sanrenmu LAND 910 Plus Liner Lock Pocket Folding Knife G-10.jpeg
MITCH

kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Here are the knives currently in my 'Gift Box'. I get enjoyment from giving a quality gift to someone who is not expecting anything. I want the gift to exceed expectations so it becomes 'special' to that person. The best of the inexpensive Chinese folding knives are perfect gifts: always under $20, very smooth but tight fit & finish, super sharp edge that seems to hold 'forever'(for the casual user).
Most of these are SanRenMu made.
kj
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 007.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Note stud blocks liner lock from being disengaged
Note stud blocks liner lock from being disengaged
Slide tab in upper handle back to disengage blocking stud
Slide tab in upper handle back to disengage blocking stud
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

A Ganzo G717-O joined my pile yesterday.
Attachments
Ganzo 717-O - Open Mark.jpg
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
#goldpan

Post by #goldpan »

With all that I heard about the Ganzo G717 is I purchased one and received it in the mail today.

20170216_165651.jpg
Today I carried the 717 in place of my trusted Camillus Heat.

I did not get a chance to use it but here is the low down on the carry. The Ganzo rides higher in the pocket than the Camillus does. Due to the location of the pocket clips. Both support moving the clip for right hand or left hand carry. The Ganzo is designed to carried tip up while the Camillus is carried tip down. I find that I like the tip up carry of the Ganzo.

Both knives lock in the open position. The Camillus has a very stout liner lock and the Ganzo sports a torsion lock that also stout and tight. Unlocking the Ganzo took a little getting used to but I can do it one handed. The Camillus is slightly easier to unlock. Opening the Ganzo is easy. Push the thumb stud and with a flick of the wrist she snaps open! The Camillus of course is an A/O that opens as smooth and easy as one would expect from a Daryl Ralph design.

I do like the Ganzo and will use it. But due to its weight it wont get a lot of pocket time. At 5.4 ounces its almost an ounce and 1/2 heavier than the Heat. The Heat coming in at a leaner 4 ounces. The 717 I think will ride in my back pack for a while. As I have a chance to use it a bit I will report back.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I'll probably never carry it but if I were to carry it, I think I'd probably carry it clipped in my RRP. It's grippy but the roughness of the handle would take a bit of getting used to. JMO I certainly don't have any buyers remorse.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Just picked up this little Ganzo Stockman. For a Whopping 8 Bucks. The fit and finish is again first class. Sharp blades and great walk and talk. Much better quality then Rough Rider. ::tu::
Attachments
Ganzo G725M Folding Knife.JPG
Ganzo G725M Folding Knife.JPG (54.29 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Ganzo G725M Folding.JPG
Ganzo G725M Folding.JPG (56.91 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Ganzo G725M.JPG
Ganzo G725M.JPG (54.84 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
Ganzo G725M Knife.jpg
Ganzo G725M Knife.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 6607 times
MITCH

Producer

Post by Producer »

I like Ganzos too.
Attachments
DSC02869.JPG
DSC02870.JPG
DSC02871.JPG
DSC02872.JPG
DSC02873.JPG
DSC02877.JPG
DSC02878.JPG
DSC02879.JPG
DSC02874.JPG
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Just picked up this little Ganzo Stockman. For a Whopping 8 Bucks. The fit and finish is again first class. Sharp blades and great walk and talk. Much better quality then Rough Rider. ::tu::
Mitch where did you get the Ganzo Stockman from. Didn't know Ganzo made any classic patterns. Its a dead ringer for the newer Buck Chinese Models. Love it ::tu:: ::tu::
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

Gary - GearBest (no relation ::paranoid:: ) has them here: http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... 54398.html for $8.28/each. I see no mention of them on the Ganzo website (http://ganzoknife.com/search/?query=G725M&Submit=) so maybe they are Buck leftovers branded with Ganzo shields.
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

PCwizard wrote:
PCwizard wrote:
MITCH RAPP wrote:8) Just picked up this little Ganzo Stockman. For a Whopping 8 Bucks. The fit and finish is again first class. Sharp blades and great walk and talk. Much better quality then Rough Rider. ::tu::
Mitch where did you get the Ganzo Stockman from. Didn't know Ganzo made any classic patterns. Its a dead ringer for the newer Buck Chinese Models. Wonder if Buck having Ganzo make there Chinese models. Love it ::tu:: ::tu::

Yeah got it from Gearbest ::tu:: And they do have the look and feel of the Chinese Made Buck's. ::nod::

http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-a ... tml?wid=21
MITCH

orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

My order from GearBest was split up. I got four knives this week and the other two should arrive next week.

The top knife is a PA60, don’t know what company made it.
The second knife down is the Ganzo G727M.
The third knife down is a Sanrenmu LAND 910.
The little thing at the bottom is a Sanrenmu MD116, it is a slip joint not a lockback.

At first I thought the PA60 would be too big, but I’ve been carrying it the last couple of days and it’s something I might carry from time to time but probably not on a daily basis.
The Ganzo G727 is nice, I haven’t carried it yet but I will give it a try probably next week.
The Sanrenmu LAND 910 is incredibly comfortable to use. It says the steel is 12C27, which is a Sandvik steel, or perhaps a Chinese copy of a Sandvik steel, I’m not certain. Either way it’s actually pretty impressive in its edge holding abilities. The PA60 has a bit better design for slicing up a bunch of cardboard boxes, which I used the LAND 910 and the PA60 to do yesterday. While the PA60 cut a little smoother due to a thinner blade design, I think the LAND 910 had better edge retention and it is much smoother and easier to use.
The little knife, it’s cute. I will probably give it to a granddaughter.

I am waiting for a couple more next week and will post more information about them when I received them.
All in all, I am pretty impressed with the two knives that I. Admittedly, I was rather skeptical about these knives, but they’re actually pretty impressive, especially when you consider the price. The LAND 910 was my favorite of these four for comfort, hand fit and ease of opening/closing, and I felt that had better edge retention than the PA60. I will see how the G727 works when I carry it next week.

GB 1.jpg
GB 2.jpg
GB 3.jpg
Dale
AAPK Administrator

“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The Land 910 looks similar to the large Sebenza 21. Dale do you happen to have a large Sebenza for a comparison picture ?
kj
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I wish I had a Sebenza to compare it to! ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator