High Quality Chinese

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
kootenay joe

Re: High Quality Chinese

Post by kootenay joe »

I have bought from numerous sellers in China. All have shipped promptly. Some have sent me a picture of the package with postage attached & tracking number taken just before it disappears into the postal system.
Most arrive in about 10 days from making payment.
kj
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

QTCut5 wrote:Mahalo, PC,
The shape of that one reminds me of a Kershaw Speedform.
I see that you got one with pocket clip and one without...any idea why the one with the pocket clip costs $1.50 less than the one without? That seems a bit bassackwards, don'tit? I's jus' wonderin' (Ahh, just noticed: they're each from different sellers--good ol' capitalist competition hard at work in China!)

How long was ship time from China to HI? (The only time I ordered a knife that was shipped direct from China, it took nearly a month to arrive.)

~Q~
Not sure why the one with the clip is cheaper, there sold by 2 different sellers. I think these are now discontinued because there is only 2 sellers that have them. When I bought my first one there were a lot of Chinese sellers selling them. Thinking about getting a few more before there gone. I really love this knife and use it a lot at work.
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Ordered mine the 12th got email saying the ganzo was out of stock would be in a later package.they sent the senremu on but hasn't arrived yet. Got email today that the ganzo shipped. Maybe they'll arrive soon. ::mdm::
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

QTCut5 wrote:Mahalo, PC,
The shape of that one reminds me of a Kershaw Speedform.
I see that you got one with pocket clip and one without...any idea why the one with the pocket clip costs $1.50 less than the one without? That seems a bit bassackwards, don'tit? I's jus' wonderin' (Ahh, just noticed: they're each from different sellers--good ol' capitalist competition hard at work in China!)

How long was ship time from China to HI? (The only time I ordered a knife that was shipped direct from China, it took nearly a month to arrive.)

~Q~
Just got my order, The one with out the clip, it took 11 days to get to Hawaii.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Wow, only 11 days? That's faster than some mainland eBay orders get here. Pretty amazing when you think about it.
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I had it backwards in my previous post, the Ganzo finally got here today the Sanrenmu is on the way, talk about the slow boat from China.wow ::nod::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I have bought a number of large tank-like tactical folders from sellers in China. All have been decent knives and this is one of the best. BBKule D240, ("Be Cool"?), 5 3/8" liner lock flipper, blade spine 3/16" with a complex grind and shaving sharp edge. Seems to be very solidly built. It's a lot of knife for $20.
kj
Attachments
Picture 008.jpg
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 011.jpg
Picture 010.jpg
Picture 012.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I just bought 2 more SRM 7010(aka 710) from a seller in China. Arrived in 8 days ! This is my best of all time tactical style knife.
I also bought 2 SRM 7056 because it looks similar to the 710 and seller said "kick deployment system" which i thought maybe involved a coil spring assisted opening. These also arrived in 8 days (different seller in China) and the "kick deployment" refers to the thumb "flipper" at base of blade. But i'm very pleased i bought it because it is a little heavier duty even than the non flipping 710.
Take a look, these are well built knives. 710 is lower knife, 7056 is upper.
edit: oops, left a piece of tape under pocket clip, last picture.
kj
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Quick Steel »

KJ your knives look very credible meaning they certainly look strong and solid. Pretty impressive.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks QS.
Yes, they are solid, action is smooth and the lock up is rock solid. I still have & use my first SRM 710 which was a gift with a Small Sebenza i bought from another collector in about 2009. So after 7 years it just as smooth and tight as on day one and the edge holding is equally good.
A few months after receiving the Small Sebenza i sold it along with my Large Sebenza. The SRM 710 was doing everything i wanted so well, that it seemed ridiculous to own the Sebenzas that cost 40 times as much.
kj
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks QS.
Yes, they are solid, action is smooth and the lock up is rock solid. I still have & use my first SRM 710 which was a gift with a Small Sebenza i bought from another collector in about 2009. So after 7 years it just as smooth and tight as on day one and the edge holding is equally good.
A few months after receiving the Small Sebenza i sold it along with my Large Sebenza. The SRM 710 was doing everything i wanted so well, that it seemed ridiculous to own the Sebenzas that cost 40 times as much.
kj
Got to get one of those 710 or the new 7010 the next time I order another Ganzo, Been looking at them for over a year and just never got around to ordering. Good looking Knives KJ
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

PCWizard, i have a new never used SRM 7010(710) that i will be happy to send you. I have already sent one to Orvet and one other member but i can't recall whom, so no need to reciprocate.
kj
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

kootenay joe wrote:PCWizard, i have a new never used SRM 7010(710) that i will be happy to send you. I have already sent one to Orvet and one other member but i can't recall whom, so no need to reciprocate.
kj

That's a hard deal to turn down right there!
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Just got the new Ganzo G7533-CF, I think its the nicest Ganzo I own.
Blade is 440c or Chinese equivalent.
Carbon Fiber Handle
Titanium Coated Blade
Blue Titanium Screw set
Axis Lock
4 5/8 closed
3 1/4 blade
Very Smooth one handed opening and closing.
Going to EDC for a few weeks and get it a test run, You can't beat it $20

Attachments
g1.jpg
g2.jpg
g3.jpg
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

That is a very attractive knife Gary; shapes, proportions and colors all flow together well.
With the CF it should be light weight which i see as good in an EDC for non bush carry.(i.e. heavier knife o.k. if hiking/camping)
Is the blade grind about the same as other Ganzo's, or is this one thinner just above the edge ?
Previously you showed the Ganzo 719 and then i felt a need to get one, except i got a few so i had extras for gifting. ("gifting", ha ! verbing nouns is phun)
Now i'm feeling a need for a new carbon fiber Ganzo !
kj
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

kootenay joe wrote:That is a very attractive knife Gary; shapes, proportions and colors all flow together well.
With the CF it should be light weight which i see as good in an EDC for non bush carry.(i.e. heavier knife o.k. if hiking/camping)
Is the blade grind about the same as other Ganzo's, or is this one thinner just above the edge ?
Previously you showed the Ganzo 719 and then i felt a need to get one, except i got a few so i had extras for gifting. ("gifting", ha ! verbing nouns is phun)
Now i'm feeling a need for a new carbon fiber Ganzo !
kj
KJ - The knife is lighter them my other Ganzo, The liners and frame work are rock solid. I put this on the postage scale and it come in at 4.35oz. Fit and Finish are very good, I've found nothing wrong.

Now for the Blade - I copied from a review.

The blade of the Ganzo G753 is a 440C flat ground drop point, that tapers to a very acute tip. The delicate tip is further emphasized by a long swedge covering three-quarters of the spine. This is a very aggressive shape clearly prioritizing piercing over durability. Ganzo did moderate the thin tip by the use of a flat grind here instead of a hollow one. It balances out the lack at metal in the tip with extra material in the belly.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Gary, light weight, rock solid, great blade description, all adds up to one thing: I Need One, well, at least 1, maybe more, get 'em while you can. Some excellent production knives disappear after only one run.
kj
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

Our Daughter teaches English at a University in Zhanjiang China. When she came home to visit last spring she gifted me with this Columbia Jinlang Co. folder.
She has been contributing to my addiction with some beautiful R/Rs over the past few years. I would like a Ganzo but I do not want to mention it to her.
TSA and LAX California does not get along with knives, even for non-carry-on luggage.
She has been lucky. I keep telling her nothing sharper than her elbow in her luggage.
I can imagine the look on the TSA agents face when he/she pushes the little button on a Ganzo G707 Auto. ::paranoid::
Attachments
IMG_0007.JPG
IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
Jayronife/

Post by Jayronife/ »

I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Producer: Ganzo Hardware
Model: Ganzo G727M
Blade: 440c stainless steel (58-60HRC)
Total length: 21cm
Handle material: G10 fiber-glass plastic
Blade size is 8.9 cm
Attachments
th-1770787339-1085x680.jpg
PCwizard

Post by PCwizard »

Jayronife/ wrote:I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Blade size is 8.9 cm

Looks like a winner ::tu:: ::tu::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Jayronife/ wrote:I have Ganzo G727M-CA in my collection. Great quality and design.

Ganzo G727M-CA Specs:
G-lock
Blade size is 8.9 cm
On your recommendation, I just ordered one in orange. ---> http://www.gearbest.com/pocket-knives-f ... 30536.html
Attachments
Ganzo G727M Web Page.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
MITCH RAPP

Post by MITCH RAPP »

8) Thought I would give them a Shot, also! I ordered a G7453P. Wonder how many months it will take for it to get here? ::shrug::
Attachments
7453P.JPG
7453P.JPG (43.64 KiB) Viewed 4292 times
MITCH

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
"So far,So good...So What!" - Johnnie Samples
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Are these Ganzo's autos?............. I hope...........
Looked quickly at their web site but couldn't determine if they were autos.
Thanks
Joe
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

No Joe. Neither one is an auto. But the G719 is ---> https://www.fasttech.com/product/205270 ... el-folding
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

Thanks Jerry. ::tu::
Joe

Return to “Chinese-made knives”