Slippery handles.

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in China.
Hazzmatt

Slippery handles.

Post by Hazzmatt »

Hello, I have recently purchased several knives, a couple of CRKT's and a Kershaw, which I really like but they seem to have a consistent problem of slippery grips. Anybody have any suggestions on how to remedy this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
"Wheresoever the light is brightest,
there also the shadows are darkest."
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Slippery handles.

Post by philco »

What material are the current handles made of ?
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
reddirtknives
Location: Okrahoma where the wind comes sreeping down the prain

Post by reddirtknives »

Wow, member since 2007 and finally made his first post!!! ::tu:: WELCOME ABOARD! You may have learned a thing or two from some of my previous posts such as, try not to be too active in the forums if you are trying to kick pain pills and have finally run out of the emergency backups. I guess I have better manners when I'm not in pain.
If you have to have better grip on a knife that has to be used and no other knife will do there is some stuff called ~ Gorilla Snot™
I don't know if it's still on the market but it was used by drummers to keep them from slinging their drum sticks everywhere and I believe wide receivers may have used it as well. Sweat doesn't slicken it and doesn't really affect it either. Best of luck
DJ Red Tater Tip ~ Killer of Threads, Solo Pioneer in The Intergalactic Cutlery Trade
... ... `.~ RED DIRT KNIVES ~.` ... ...
junebug

Post by junebug »

SEVEN YEARS............DANG!
WELCOME..........BACK ::super_happy::
second time i seen that today ::hmm:: :mrgreen:

slippery huh???????
are they or yer hands WET? ::shrug::
gloves????? ::shrug::
::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm:: ::hmm::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Cutty

Post by Cutty »

Hazzmatt wrote:Hello, I have recently purchased several knives, a couple of CRKT's and a Kershaw, which I really like but they seem to have a consistent problem of slippery grips. Anybody have any suggestions on how to remedy this? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I guess you could install some grip tape like what is used on skate board decks, pickup truck running boards etc. I have heard of other guys using it and heard of good results.

Oh Yeah, welcome back ::tu::
I dig half stops!!

"GOTTA DO WHATCHA GOTTA DO, SO THAT YOU GET TO DO, WHATCHA WANNA DO"
My Grandad.
God rest his soul.

Brian
coffeecup

Post by coffeecup »

. . . . and that's half the reason I gave up on metal-handled knives. (The other half being the way they suck heat from your hands on a cold day.) My kid brother likes them, but he usually sandblasts the handle so they aren't as slippery.

Welcome aboard, Hazzmatt.

Return to “Chinese-made knives”