Info on Older Kabar Trapper

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
skasdi1

Info on Older Kabar Trapper

Post by skasdi1 »

A friend of my recently gave me this old Ka-bar trapper and after looking it over I could not find a model number of any kind or any number etc on any of the blades, Just Ka-bar.
I did a little research on tang stamps and the closest fit looks to be the 1955-1965 stamp, though it does not say stainless underneath Ka-bar on the knife I have, but Kabar is written the same way.
I was just wondering if anyone could give me a little info on the knife, any would be appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_7634.PNG
IMG_7634.PNG (199.45 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
IMG_7635.JPG
IMG_7636.JPG
IMG_7632.JPG
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Info on Older Kabar Trapper

Post by treefarmer »

I agree with you on the years, based on the Tang stamp charts here on AAPK. Can't help you other than to say that old gal has some great stag handles and somebody got their moneys' worth out of her! She qualifies as a HOK ::tu:: !
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
skasdi1

Re: Info on Older Kabar Trapper

Post by skasdi1 »

Thanks Treefarmer for the back up on the stamp and I agree she is beautiful and still has tons of life in her. Definitely gonna carry this one for years to come.

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”