Info. on 1990 Ka-Bar Club Knife

The KA-BAR brand originated as a trademark of the Tidioute Cutlery Company. Tidioute was later taken over & renamed the Union Cutlery Company which continued making the brand until Union eventually adopted it as the company name in 1952. Cutco Corporation later acquired the company in 1996.
AJF

Info. on 1990 Ka-Bar Club Knife

Post by AJF »

Hi. I am a traditional fan but I'm not knowledgeable about Ka-Bars so I hope someone can help me.

I just acquired a large jack (4" closed and quite stout at 4.1 oz.) pictured below (and please excuse the hasty pic). It is a very nice knife.

I'm hoping to learn more about it, in particular the type of blade steel it has. It is obviously stainless but beyond that I know not.

Etched on the main blade is "Ka-Bar Club 1990" and "Limited LO Edition". On the reverse tang of the main is "KL090". The secondary blade has "102" on the tang.

Any info. would be much appreciated.

Andrew
Attachments
100_9907[1].JPG
tankman

Re: Info. on 1990 Ka-Bar Club Knife

Post by tankman »

In my c. Houston price of collector knifes fifteen editon.Page 509 on the club knifes, only 480 of this knife was made,Jade green smoothbone curved barlow knife.The only Jade green for 1990 is this listing doesn't say anything about it being a dogs head no worrys because my stag muskrat doesn't show its a dog head to.My doghead is numbered like 05 of 240 know what I mean.I cant tell if yours is numbered or not,mine is numberd on the other side back pommel.I love my ka-bar I believe more than my remingtons case,or my Winchesters. If you get one of these knife guide I assure you they are a great resourse read.Dog heads are my favorite of the Ka-bar and very high end in value. These Ka-bar club knifes are made by Ka-bar from 1976 to 1999.
I hope this has been some help for you.Keep collecting.Tankman

Return to “KA-BAR Knife Collector's Forum”