moulding planes

This is a place for posting non-knife related items you have available for trade. If you see something you want, be sure to make a trade offer. Your offer can include a knife, knives, or pretty much anything within the limits of the law.
coffeecup

moulding planes

Post by coffeecup »

I thought I'd see if anyone here is interested in these; they do have an edge, after all! :lol: Click on the image for a larger picture.

These are all extras/duplicates I've picked up in the past few years. I'm looking at these as working planes, and have priced accordingly. All have the correct irons and wedges, but all will need sharpening and probably some tuning to be solid workers. (If you just want to hang them on the wall or put them on a shelf, they should be ready to go!) Several have multiple owner stamps, others have faint or no marks. Don't trust the sizes marked on moulding planes--every maker was different--but generally they were sized in 1/8" increments (except when it was done by 1/16", or some arbitrary standard).

Price is $15 each, plus shipping. I'm open to trade offers, for something I can use, or maybe convince myself I could use someday. . . .

From left to right:
--#1. Rabbeting plane marked 3/8". Both wedges and irons are present.
--#2. Skewed rabbet plane, I think it was 1 3/4" originally but has shrunk slightly since it was made.
--#3. Skewed rabbet plane, 1 inch.

From left to right:
--#4. Center bead, boxed, looks to cut a 3/16" bead
--#5. Center bead, boxed, marked 3/8", this one has 2 holes drilled through it side-to-side (for storage? a jig? who knows)
--#6. Side bead, boxed, marked 3/8.
--#7. Side bead, boxed, marked 3/8, boxing is a little beaten up on the trailing edge
--#8. Side bead, marked 1/4.

From left to right:
--#9. hollow marked #8
--#10. Skewed round, about 7/8" wide. Bottom is a little chewed up on the trailing edge, but that could be filled (or ignored)
--#11. Round, iron is about 7/8" wide but this has been modified to cut a smaller round.
--#12. round marked #6
--#13. round marked #4
--#14. hollow marked #6

Thanks for looking!
Jim

Return to “Off Topic Trading Post”