My First Cripple Creek

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

My First Cripple Creek

Post by 1967redrider »

I picked this up at auction last Thursday for $55! Didn't realize at the time it came with a green felt case and paperwork.

It's a commemorative 15th Annual AECA Knife Show September 1993, numbered 21 of 35. In addition to the 3 legged buffalo shield it has a AECA Lake Michigan Region shield. The clip blade has a Cripple Creek, Old Fort, TN. U.S.A. The spey blade has "Cripple Creek 91" encircled. I think this means the knife was made in 1991, as opposed to 1993.

Worth noting is the honey stag handles that remind me of the Case Blue Scroll ones from 1977. Seems to be a REALLY well made knife.
Attachments
P1230451.JPG
P1230453.JPG
P1230452.JPG
P1230454.JPG
P1230455.JPG
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
just in case

Re: My First Cripple Creek

Post by just in case »

You did good redrider ! ::tu::
"Aint no fun when tha Rabit got tha Gun. "
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

just in case wrote:You did good redrider ! ::tu::

Thanks!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
soulmanticore

Post by soulmanticore »

hey Red Rider,

Nice knife, and a nice start to a new collection. The knife was made in 93. Bob like to use older parts that were left over to keep prices down. I have a AMCKA club knife that has an 84,93 and a 94 blade. When i first got it in the mail i thought i had just bought a fake. so i started asking around about it and had several other collectors tell me this is what he did. Hope this doesn't put you off to Cripple Creeks. cause anything before 94 are top of the line in my book.
Attachments
10thannamkca.jpg
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Nice knife, soulmanticore, and thanks for the info too! I only wish I had more Cargill-made knives, they are beauties. ::groove::

Return to “Cripple Creek”