Green River

Bob Cargill is the man behind the Cripple Creek Knife Brand. He started out making one of a kind custom knives and eventually started making special order runs by hand under the Cripple Creek name in 1981. He specialized in high quality hand made limited runs for clubs and organizations. The brand was later sold to Blackjack Knives of Effingham, IL who commissioned Queen Cutlery to produce them in larger quantities.
bkazz5

Green River

Post by bkazz5 »

I finally completed a set of Cripple Creek Green River knives. This set consisted of 5 knives made between 1984 and 1989. There were 100 sets made. From top to bottom:

2 blade copperhead made in 1989
3 blade sowbelly made in 1984
2 blade dogleg jack made in 1985
2 blade trapper made in 1985
3 blade whittler made in 1987
Attachments
Green River.jpg
cato

Re: Green River

Post by cato »

Great knives and job of rounding them up!!!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Congratulations on completing the set. Persistence does pay. About how long did it take you to get all of them?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
bkazz5

Post by bkazz5 »

I was fortunate to be able to get three at one time then was able to do some trading with a fellow Cripple Creek collector for the other two. So only about six months which is pretty quick compared to some other sets I have been working on for years.

My next quest is for a set of Cripple Creek Wounded Knee barlows. There were four in the set that came in a wooden wheel. If anyone knows where I may be able to acquire one or all of the set send me a pm.

Return to “Cripple Creek”