Bulldog Knives - I think they are "rare-er" - pic heavy!

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
bparisi07

Bulldog Knives - I think they are "rare-er" - pic heavy!

Post by bparisi07 »

I acquired about 100 pocket knives, and most of them are not run-of-the-mill. I have a collection of over 40 bulldogs, many of them are generation 1... a few of them are generation 2 & 3 I believe. And I have 4 fighting roosters... which are pretty neat also. I can't find any information on the following knives, I believe they are pretty rare. I hope someone here can help me. Eventually they will be for sale! Thanks, Brett.

trey

Re: Bulldog Knives - I think they are "rare-er" - pic heavy!

Post by trey »

Very cool. Post more pics if you can. I like that purple-ish handle material.
bparisi07

Post by bparisi07 »

Ask and ye' shall receive... Here are a few more from the collection (yes, I have more!). Posted below are four fighting roosters, and the rest are all bulldogs. I can take as many pictures as you guys want. Just let me know

junebug

Post by junebug »

awesome collection ::tu::
i am new to DOGS,SO CANT REALLY HELP YOU.........someone will be along soon! :wink:

if they are gonna be for sale....i may be interested in a few for my son........just PM me here.

thanx
junebug 8) 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
olderdogs1

Post by olderdogs1 »

the small pearl is an older, probably early 80's. I don't believe they are in the books but I have seen several with old collections. Maybe the bulldog club members got them, seems like that's where they turn up.
The canoe prototype comes from a 3rd generation set of about 40 diffent handle materials. About 5 in each handle material were made. Either 578A or B.
The Christmas knife BKC 566. The book says only 2 were made in 1994 but I have seen a few of these knives around, but not very many. Sometimes the books are wrong on the numbers.
Hope this helps a little.

Tom
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

Love your knives.
I think,and I know some will not agree with me,but Bulldogs and Fight'n Roosters are some of the nicest looking knives out there.I have over 20 of them now and have had others in the last few years and have never been disappointed with the fit or finish on any of them.
That End Of Day stockman you have,what blade etch is on it.Great knives ,
I see you have a few of the pinstripe,I have a mint stockman I would like to trade for another pattern besides a stockman or congress,if you have anything you would like to trade for it just PM me.Thanks
Attachments
DSCF0044.JPG
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

I see a few that are starting to out gas, keep a close eye on them so they don`t ruin the rest of your knives.
AAPK Janitor
emzornes

Post by emzornes »

Like your collection if you decide to part with any anytime soon let me know how much for the fixed blade ones the bowie and boot knives that is. Thanks
wlf

Post by wlf »

Miller Bro`s wrote:I see a few that are starting to out gas, keep a close eye on them so they don`t ruin the rest of your knives.
As Dimitri said,pretty is as pretty does. The celluloid handle material on those Fight'n Roosters ( I don't know about the Bulldogs) is some of the most dangerous out there. Been known to RUIN many a collection. You see piles the the rusted deteriorated and useless knives at shows. ::td:: ::td:: Wish I had a picture of the pile of them I saw at the Gator Show. These look good comparatively.
Attachments
Fight'n rooster gas 1.JPG
Fight'n rooster gas 2.JPG
Fight'n rooster gas.JPG
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “European-made knives”