Gator Cutlery Club Toothpick

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
texastoothpick

Gator Cutlery Club Toothpick

Post by texastoothpick »

I am a collector very narrowly focused on one pattern: The 5" texas toothpick. Also Known as the Tickler. Here is my lone Colonel Coon (original). Nice smooth white bone, made for the Gator Cutlery Club. I was a member for a while, 'cause those down south boys were very much into what has always been known as a hoodlum, or trouble maker knife. Maybe that is why I collect these things. Anyway, it is a beauty, and I am going through my collection, photographing each and every one, so here I share it with you. Nice alligator blade etch in gold. The usual Coon quality. Backspring snaps the blade open and closed like a... well, a gator. This is 189 of 350 (big club!).
biglmbass

Re: Gator Cutlery Club Toothpick

Post by biglmbass »

::tu:: Nice.

Return to “Colonel Coon”