Old user coons

Colonel Coon Knives were made by Adrain A. Harris, Mr. Harris started making fixed blade knives as a hobby in the 60's, in 1976 he became the only authorized field repairman in the U.S. for Schrade, a few months later he became the only authorized repairman for Kissing Crane and J.A. Henckels in the United States, in 1978 he founded Tennessee Knife Works Inc. in his home town of Columbia, Tenn. and began making Colonel Coon Knives the old style a true bench made or handmade pocket knife. In 1988 he sold his manufacturing processes to W.R Case & Sons and retired.
keithw

Old user coons

Post by keithw »

I was just wondering if anyone comes across many old (original) Col Coons that have been EDC'd.
I don't see many of them at all, but it seems that ones I do see have been put away.
I guess that might be because they were thought of as collector knives from the start. ::shrug::

Just curious,
Keith
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.
-- Mike Tyson
Cutmyself

Re: Old user coons

Post by Cutmyself »

I believe there is on on e-bay right now, they are not the best pictures but it looks to have been used.
pipedreams

Post by pipedreams »

Here's a user.

I rescued this feller out of an old toolbox that belonged to my wife's granddad. Upon investigation, it was given to him by his son-in-law (my wife's dad) in the early to mid '80s...I think.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.....that's a KEEPER!!!........ ::tu:: ::tu:: ............

Return to “Colonel Coon”