Canal Strret Carry The Football Gems!

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Canal Strret Carry The Football Gems!

Post by Chase »

I am happy to have gathered up some Carry the Football Knives that I did not have and that were not put into production........Here they are!

Two Carry The Football Knives (1) Mooremaker and the other Canal Street
a Large fixed Blade Carry The Football Knife- this is 1 of 2 samples made and then the Carry The Football Letter Opener- This is the only sample made.

These are some prized items from Canal Street Cutlery

Tom
Attachments
DSCN0370.JPG
ea42

Re: Canal Strret Carry The Football Gems!

Post by ea42 »

Wow Tom, that's a one of a kind set right there! I always thought that letter opener would have been a pretty cool addition, might have even been a bigger seller than the knives.

Eric
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Very cool collection you have there Tom. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess there's not another one like it anywhere. I'm glad you were able to get those because I know this rare piece of the Canal Street puzzle will be in good hands for many years to come.

Eric I think you may be right, the letter opener might well have gone over better than the knife that was released.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Yes Phil, it will stay in my collection as long as I am still around. I am extremely happy to have been able to put these together and add them to my knife room!

Tom

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”