Canal Street Knives for KaBar

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Canal Street Knives for KaBar

Post by Chase »

Here are two additional knives I received from AG Russell
These were made by CSC for KaBar

The Dog Head shield on the Pinch is set way too deep in the cover
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
JAMESC41001

Re: Canal Street Knives for KaBar

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Very nice!
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Those are two nice pups you have there Tom. ::tu::

Apparently Canal Street has made a bunch of knives for Kabar. I've spotted several familiar C.S. patterns on ebay that had the dogs head shield.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago; the gunshop has a couple of others - a fixed blade deer skinning style knife and a large trapper (about the size of a Case 54 pattern). Are all the knives in the series built by CSC? OH
Attachments
Ka-Bar 6123CU - 2014.JPG
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
313 Mike

Post by 313 Mike »

Doggone it OH...everytime you post that barlow I like it a little more. Those bolsters are taking on some nice character. Just a great looking knife.
Mike

There are those who are...and those who wish they were. He himself decides.

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”