Knife Sharpener

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
RandyFew

Knife Sharpener

Post by RandyFew »

I assume that if you're a Canal Street fan you are familiar with Michael, aka D. P. Hunter. He has teamed up with Steve Koontz to do a weekly sales web cast. A couple of weeks ago they featured a knife sharpener. I bought one. It comes ready to use right out of the box. Nothing to set up or adjust. It's really simple to use, and best of all, it is reasonably priced. If you're interested, the web cast is on his web site. Do yourself a favor and watch the web cast. You are sure to enjoy Steve Koontz and the products he shows. My first and last commercial, but I felt it was worthwhile info.

Randy
AAPK Member 7001. Joined September 9, 2011.

Proud United States Army Veteran. 1971 - 1979

I've done so much, for so long, with so little, I can do anything with nothing.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Knife Sharpener

Post by jerryd6818 »

I had a heck of a time finding this video. Is this the one you're talking about Randy? The Warthog V-Sharp?
Product --> http://www.shop.knivestv.com/Warthog-Cl ... -WHS01.htm

At the time I copied this link, the video was the one on the lower right side.
Video --> http://www.knivestv.com/broadcasts.html
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
RandyFew

Re: Knife Sharpener

Post by RandyFew »

Jerry, yes, that's the one. Michael offers a 20% discount on anything on his site if you buy one of the items featured on the web cast. That being said, I was compelled to buy a reclaimed American Chestnut handled knife to add to my collection. I'm afraid that I'm going to go broke watching that web cast!

Randy
AAPK Member 7001. Joined September 9, 2011.

Proud United States Army Veteran. 1971 - 1979

I've done so much, for so long, with so little, I can do anything with nothing.

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”