Thank you Canal Street

Former Schrade President Walley Gardner and principal Joe Hufnagel joined with nine master cutlers to form a group of US craftsmen with over 300 years of combined knife making experience to create Canal Street Cutlery. It was first located in upstate New York where a long and rich tradition of quality knife making dates back to the 19th century. Unfortunately, the company closed its doors in 2015, but not before making some great knives. The brand was resurrected in 2018 as Canal Street Cutlery Co-Op & focused on making very small batches of high quality traditional knives. As a Co-Op, it was owned by the knife makers who worked there. Unfortunately, the business model couldn't hold up & the entity again ceased production.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Thank you Canal Street

Post by Colonel26 »

I posted a pic in the general discussion on my "Birthday Bomb". A Canal Street (my first) 4 in stockman with Chestnut scales. Now this knife is important to me for a couple of reasons. It's from a good friend, that's important, and it's a great knife, that's good too!

But since the wood for the scales came from right down the road from me, and since it is from a species that is now extinct and was so important to the lifestyle of my area it's really special. Thank you Canal Street for choosing to make this great knife out of this precious material that shall never be again.

::handshake::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Canal Street Cutlery”