rolls razor

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
HiPower

rolls razor

Post by HiPower »

lady showed me a rolls razor in a nickel silver case. had 2 blades & stropping paste container. anyonre familar with this product really looked nice. HiPower
HiPower
rexstubbins

Re: rolls razor

Post by rexstubbins »

Did it look like this?
Attachments
2013-07-15 12.02.29.jpg
2013-07-15 11.56.50.jpg
2013-07-15 11.58.35.jpg
2013-07-15 12.00.13.jpg
2013-07-15 12.02.50.jpg
Doug

The words vintage and antique are vague. Actually most words are vague. Even the word vague is vague.
Pocket Knife Art
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

My grandfather had one. I may have it. Their was a round one I think called "auto valet"?
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

From what I've been told and read, you used one just like it were a straight razor. The sharpening part ought to have a leather side and a hone on the other iirc. The sure look neat!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
mrwatch

Post by mrwatch »

it is a KRISS KROSS round sharpener.

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=26165
HiPower

Post by HiPower »

rex has the one i saw. sure is a nice looker
HiPower
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Those razors are well made. They were made up into the 60's IIRC. I've got one that the blade has been replaced on. Somewhere out there on the inter-web is a site that details how to read the blade markings to tell how old the razor is and how to tell if the blade has been replaced.

They made a jillion of those things and they are pretty good razors to shave with IF you're familiar with a straight. It's pretty much like a straight razor on a stick. I've seen prices all the place from a few bucks to a few hundred. 15-30 seems to be the commonest numbers.

Be careful how you put back in the case and close the lid, if you don't have everything stowed correctly, you can break the stone
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
RobesonsRme.com

Post by RobesonsRme.com »

I read somewhere years ago that Rolls Razors can be found in Sterling Silver, so I tend to look at every one I see in antiques stores.

Haven't found one yet. ::dang::

I think they did them with gold plating, as well.

I guess those were directed toward The Gentry.

Charlie Noyes
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

"...Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons ___but they are helpless against our prayers. "

Sidlow Baxter
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

I've look at a ton of them as well and never seen a sterling or gold plated one yet either.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”