Premier Lifetime Germany straight razor

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Lawrence

Premier Lifetime Germany straight razor

Post by Lawrence »

This is my only straight razor. I picked it up at an antique market this weekend. I don't know anything about these but it looked pretty mint to me, and very sharp! cheers
Attachments
Premier Lifetime Razor Germany (2).JPG
Premier Lifetime Razor Germany (4).JPG
Premier Lifetime Razor Germany (5).JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Premier Lifetime Germany straight razor

Post by Colonel26 »

That looks like a real dandy! I'd shave with it! I never see straight razors that nice around here.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

Very nice razor! Thata quite a find. I recall that someone here collects premier lifetime. They could probably chime in and tell you a bit about the company
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
Umcknifeguy

Post by Umcknifeguy »

By the way i love those 3 pin scales
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Looks brand new from here. Nice catch. I'm not up on the brand but with that "British Zone" marking, I suspect post WWII to early 1950's. It's gorgeous and a fine example of German cutlery.
British Zone of Occupation[edit]

"British occupation zone" redirects here. For the zone in Austria, see Allied-occupied Austria.
The Canadian Army was tied down in surrounding the Netherlands until the Germans there surrendered on May 5, 1945 – just two days before the final surrender of the Wehrmacht in Western Europe to U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower. After the liberation of the Netherlands and the conquest of northern Germany by the British Army, the bulk of the Canadian Army returned home, leaving northern Germany to be occupied by the British Army and (around Bremen and Bremerhaven) by the U.S. Army.

Then in July 1945, the British Army withdrew from small slices of Germany that had previously been agreed to be occupied by the Soviet Army. The Control Commission for Germany - British Element (CCG/BE) ceded some slices of its area of occupation to the Soviet Union – specifically the Amt Neuhaus of Hanover and some exclaves and fringes of Brunswick, for example, the County of Blankenburg and exchanged some villages between British Holstein and Soviet Mecklenburg by the Barber-Lyashchenko Agreement.

Flag used by ships registered in the British zone.
Within the British Zone of Occupation, the CCG/BE re-established the German state of Hamburg, but with borders that had been drawn by Nazi Germany in 1937. The British also created the new German states of Schleswig-Holstein – emerging in 1946 from the Prussian Province of Schleswig-Holstein; Lower Saxony – the merger of Brunswick, Oldenburg, and Schaumburg-Lippe with the state of Hanover in 1946; and North Rhine-Westphalia – the merger of Lippe with the Prussian provinces of the Rhineland (northern part) and Westphalia – during 1946–1947. Also in 1947, the German state Free Hanseatic City of Bremen became an exclave of the American Zone of Occupation located within the British Zone.
Three pin scales makes it a higher class razor than your "average" razor.

Get it honed up and mow some whiskers. It'll be a great shaver.

Just watch it around your ears with that spike point. They will bite. ;) ( don't ask me how I know LOL)
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks for the comments fellas, and for the history perspective Owd! I'll give it a try, and I'll make sure I have my reading glasses on to avoid any disasters :D cheers
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

IF you've shaved with a straight, what I'm gonna tell ya, you already know. If you haven't, then this will help.

IF that blade will cut arm hair ABOVE the skin line, it'll shave good. If it won't, then it will be rough on your face.

A dull razor is still sharper than most any knife you've ever messed with. A sharp razor is the sharpest thing known to man.

"Wet shaving" is somewhat of a lost art. It is making a small come back. I enjoy it and I enjoy using a razor that made 150 or more years ago. Fact is, I can get a closer shave with a straight than I can one of those damn plastic 5 blade wonders and bleed a LOT less doing it with a straight. I rarely nick myself these days.

Enjoy.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Here here! I'll second that. Since you've put me on the straight and narrow of straight razor shaving my life long razor burn has vanished, hardly ever a knick once I learned what I was doing, and my wife says it's the best shave I've ever had. Happy wife, happy life!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

Colonel26 wrote:Here here! I'll second that. Since you've put me on the straight and narrow of straight razor shaving my life long razor burn has vanished, hardly ever a knick once I learned what I was doing, and my wife says it's the best shave I've ever had. Happy wife, happy life!
I have to install running boards on my baby to make the wife happy. ::doh::
Attachments
IMG_0280.JPG
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Rofl! I understand. My wife is vertically challenged too.

I like the truck!
Robert E. Lee

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”