My new shaving kit

This forum is for the straight razor collectors among us. Please stop by and share your knowledge, show off your razors, ask questions, or just look around.
Umcknifeguy

My new shaving kit

Post by Umcknifeguy »

With the high cost and poor quality of disposables, got tired of throwing away money. So I started usind this kinfolks straight razor and gilette safety razor. Very close clean shave.

The other is a rehandled jack knife ben. Havent used it due to a little rust on the edge. Going to try to hone or strop it clean.
Attachments
20140504_173801.jpg
Sometimes nothing can be a real cool hand.
Owd Wullie

Re: My new shaving kit

Post by Owd Wullie »

I agree.

Interesting part of using a straight for me is that it doesn't hurt my arthritic wrists. Haven't used a DE since I was in high school. Got a nice Gillette from the 60's but no blades.

As I currently have about 30 straights in shave ready condition, buying blades for that DE isn't a big priority.

A week or so back I was scraping my face and the wife had some movie on TV. Whatever it was had some of the big band music going. Sure sets a feller's mind to wandering when he's got a hundred and fifty year old razor against his neck and big band music going in the back ground. Kind of like a time warp.

Welcome to the straight side. LOL
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Hmmmmmm ::hmm:: Very interesting! Maybe I should join the movement!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

I don't know--I already worry about fallin down in the shower if I had one of them things in my hand it'd be fatal for sure--I'm sticking with the blue plastic throw away's
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
Owd Wullie

Post by Owd Wullie »

TripleF wrote:Hmmmmmm ::hmm:: Very interesting! Maybe I should join the movement!
It can get expensive.. :shock:

Especially when ya have a 50 or 60 day rotation of razors. LOL

However, two good razors will outlast you if you take care of 'em.
Member of The West Texas Chapter Of Gun Ownin', Pickup Truck Drivin', Jingoistic, Right Wing, History Changin', Huge Carbon Footprint Leavin' Conspirators.

Return to “Straight Razor Collector's Forum”