Congress 12-blade

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
Capt. Farrel

Congress 12-blade

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Won this Fight´n Rooster MOP Congress 12-blade a few days ago on Ebay. I got it for a song and it had just some tiny rust specks on a few of the blade backs. After a few minutes in the shop it looks nice again. One really needs to be concentrated when opening all of the blades and you better have the first-aid kit at an arms reach... :shock:

This knife-addiction is killing me...... ::facepalm::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Congress 12-blade

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's not a knife. That's a testament to the cutlers skills. It's wonderful.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

That´s quite true Jerry! Not even a single blade is rubbing against another. A knife like this must be the equivalent to a watchmakers complicated movement. :D
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
tjmurphy

Post by tjmurphy »

WOW!! That's really cool ::tu:: ::tu::
"There are none so blind as those that refuse to see"

God Bless America - Though I don't know why he would want to.
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Beautiful knife! ::tu::
AAPK Janitor
Beechtree

Post by Beechtree »

Great score Capt. Farrel! That is a true work of art, and I am glad that it was only a song. I would sing all day if I got knives like that in return.
"A tool is but an extension of a man's hand." -Henry Ward Beecher
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

:lol: Beechtree, I would do that too but I suspect people would start to throw knives at me when they hear me singing... :wink:
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

That is a very cool knife,first one I have saw with 12 blades in pearl. Great knife.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

I saw a ten-blade a while ago on the German Ebay but the asking price was much more than I paid for this one.
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
knifetime

Post by knifetime »

I just saw a 10 blade in pearl on US fleebay. It was the small congress.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

The ten-blade on the german Ebay is here:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/FIGHT-N-ROOSTER- ... 2a2e5dbf67

Not quite cheap and I had some bad experience with the seller. The US ten-blade is nearly the same pricewise...
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!
bernynhel

Post by bernynhel »

Capt. Farrel wrote:Won this Fight´n Rooster MOP Congress 12-blade a few days ago on Ebay. I got it for a song and it had just some tiny rust specks on a few of the blade backs. After a few minutes in the shop it looks nice again. One really needs to be concentrated when opening all of the blades and you better have the first-aid kit at an arms reach... :shock:...
I'm a Fight'n Rooster Collector and also setting up a knife shop - 2x72 belt grinder, the works, and was hoping you wouldn't mind divulging what you did in the "shop" on this knife with details of tasks performed and materials used? Compounds and/or belt grits and brands, etc? Great work and beautiful knife.

I have that knife and I saw the listing for your knife and I wrote the seller when there was about 5 mins left and chewed him out for not mentioning it was a 12 blade knife in the listing title and for not even using the pic he took with all the blades open for the main listing pic. He did include "Solingen" in the title, though. ::uc:: It sold for less than 1/2 of what they usually go for - inexperienced seller & nice score!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

That's a beauty! ::groove::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Capt. Farrel

Post by Capt. Farrel »

Thank you guys! One got to be lucky from time to time. I suppose there are not too many collectors of these US-patterns hwere in Germany, so I guess that´s one of the reasons you can be lucky every now and then. There´s a 10-blade in the german Olbertz web shop right now but it doesn´t come cheap though. ::hmm::

@bernynhel: Some of the knives I bought second hand have those little rust sports and most of the time the bolsters are dull. I just take the knives to my buffer and I use mainly two different wheels and two polishing compounds. I guess this is a kind of shortcut and I could get much better results if I would use more than that for a better gradation. Well, I am too lazy for it but the knives come out better than they were when I bought them and that´s all what counts for me. ::shrug::
Frank

OMG, it´s knives again!

Return to “European-made knives”