If'n ya don't have anything else to pray for......

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

If'n ya don't have anything else to pray for......

Post by Colonel26 »

This coming Thursday I'll be having Carpel Tunnel surgery in Nashville, TN. My hands are getting bad, some of my most beloved knives I can't use anymore. But they say I'll be right as rain in no time.

The only thing is they're doing both hands the sane day! So........say one for the wife as well!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: If'n ya don't have anything else to pray for......

Post by orvet »

I will pray for you Wade!
I have had both wrists done and it sure makes a big difference........ after you heal up that is! :mrgreen:
Don't be playing with the knives before you heal up!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you sir.

Yeah, I figure my knifeing is going to be on hold for a while. I figured once it got to where I couldn't use anything other than one of these big ol loomfixers without going completely numb it was time to do something.

How long did it take you to get to where you could use your hands? Did you have them both done at once? I think the thing that has me the most dreadful is knowing that I'm hoping to be helpless for a few days. My poor wife, bless her heart.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Everyone is different, and it has been years since my last carpel tunnel surgery, but as I recall, the first couple days are the worst. By a week you should be doing good, maybe better than you are now; at least that is how I remember my surgeries.

My first one was done the old fashion way, cutting through the hand. That method takes much longer to heal, close to a month. But the surgeon said it was the worst one he had seen.

The second one was done arthroscopically and I think I was at the pre-surgery use level of use in about 3 days and by a week I was doing much better than before surgery.
The numbness goes away!! ::ds::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Praise The Lord. My surgeon is the hand surgeon for the Tennessee Titans, so I'm extremely hopeful he knows what he's a doing. He says that I won't even be put to sleep, he'll use a local on me, and I'll be turned loose right away.

We'll see! Thank you so much for your prayers.
Robert E. Lee
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

How in the world are you going to preach and teach school with your hands tied up in a bandage? ::woot::

Seriously, we will ask for the Lord's hand to be with the doctor as he does his work and for the Lord to allow you a quick, complete recovery ::pray:: .
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you.

Well Thursday and Friday we're out of school. I've already taken Sunday off since I do get a mite animated in preaching. Hopefully by the first of the week I'll at least be good enough to teach. I hope!

Might ought to pray for the church tomorrow. I've got to get two weeks preaching into one!
Robert E. Lee
junebug

Post by junebug »

::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
PRAYERS SENT FROM THE HOLLEY CLAN!!!

TIFF JUST HAD HER RIGHT HAND DONE....LEFT SOON!

both at once huh???...BRAVE MAN! :shock:
tiffs sched. was:
stitches out in 3 weeks after surgery
BUT IT TOOK 5 WEEKS for it to heal where they actually removed them..........
then she could actually use that hand :wink:
then 3 weeks physical therapy (1 hour 2x a week and home exercises)

but as said............WE ALL HEAL DIFFERENT ::nod:: GOOD LUCK BRO! ::tu::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
bladeguy58

Post by bladeguy58 »

Best of luck to you my friend and we know you'll back in business before you know it!
Sincerely,
Richard
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I forgot to tell you DO YOUR PHYSICAL THERAPY!
The PT is very important in the healing process, especially if you want to heal quickly!
I will be praying.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

I sure hope everything goes well for you, Wade!
whitebuffalo58

Post by whitebuffalo58 »

No matter if I had a thousand things to pray for Colonel, i'll sure be praying for you as well!! ::nod:: God Bless!!

WB
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Gentlemen I appreciate it very much. The bible says, "the prayers of a righteous man availeth much." And I believe that whole heartedly.

I will most definitely do my therapy. My sister-in-law is a doctor of physical therapy and where she works they have a man who is one of the best hand, elbow, shoulder guys around and a real nice feller too. He even likes guns and knives. I've already have an appointment with him for Monday.
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Wade, it sounds like you are in good "hands" from prayers, doctor and the physical therapist! :lol:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

PigSticker

Post by PigSticker »

Good luck with that Wade--they have that procedure down these days you'll be fine--I never did get it done just quit beatin nails every day for a living
NEVER DOUBT YOUR DAWG
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

I hope you're on the uphill swing now Wade. I've had you in my prayers for a week now.
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you brother Phil. Last night was rough, today has been better. I've about worn this chair out! If it weren't for aapk I think I'd have list my mind by now!
Robert E. Lee

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”