Guys I could use some prayer......

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Guys I could use some prayer......

Post by garddogg56 »

Be strong Colonel ::pray::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
pinnah

Post by pinnah »

Colonel,

In times of great suffering, I take great comfort knowing that Christ has, in solidarity with us, fully entered into this suffering and has given us hope through his resurrection. One of my favorite passages is Romans 8 and right in the middle of talking about sin, Paul starts talking about the physical world, noting that all of creation groans in suffering, as if all God's creature are in childbirth waiting for Christ to return and for the whole creation to be redeemed.

It's grim, I guess, to think of all creatures joining voices in a symphony of suffering. But, it's expectant suffering.

In any event, know that you are not alone.
Dave "Pinnah" Mann, Bahston, MA
Dave's Nordic Backcountry Skiing Page
junebug

Post by junebug »

prayers sent from the HOLLEY CREW ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray:: ::pray::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you guys, I'm a whole lot better. I'm not hitting all 8 cylinders just yet, but I'm close.

It was wild. Your mind telling you one thing and your emotions another. I was a wreck. I appreciate all your prayers and good thoughts. God bless you all!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Glad to hear our prayers were answered and that you are feeling much better!

I have had similar reactions though of less severity to medications and they are NOT FUN!
Welcome back! ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
gino

Post by gino »

Great to hear your coming along, be strong brother ;)
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Thank you so much guys, I know that your prayers are making a difference. The mental/emotional stuff is mostly gone. I'm still having some medicine related physical issues, but I'm handling it better.

Tomorrow I get to cut the dose in half again. I'll finally be down to a normal human dose of steroids! Praise be unto God!

The good part is through all this I've had time to watch to bay for pocket knives. I've been wearing out the Camillus 69's and Western 742's, lol. I think I got two last week, have one in the mail, and just paid for another. I better get well before I go broke!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”