Prayer for my wife

There are times in each of our lives that rain falls, hard times come and it helps to reach out to our friends and to our God for a little support. This is the place to express those needs, concerns and situations so others in the AAPK family can keep you in their prayers.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Prayer for my wife

Post by treefarmer »

Will be in Panama City at Bay Medical tomorrow a 5AM, my wife's by pass surgery is to begin at 7AM. Please keep us in your prayers. Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Best wishes treefarmer!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

We will be praying Phil.
Give my best to Joy & may the Lord watch over you both through the surgery and recovery!

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
TAB2you

Post by TAB2you »

Prayers sent!

TAB
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Just got in from the hospital. Thank God the 4 by-pass surgery went very well! Joy looked pretty rough when she was brought into cardiac intensive care unit, but in about 6 hours she was managing a smile, good color and told me to go home and rest. After 46 years of marriage, I've learned to do as I'm told! Thank you again for your prayers and expressions of concern. We serve a wonderful Savior who is still the Great Physcian! As the doctor left me after the explaination of what had been done she said "Continue to pray." I like a doctor like that! ::tu:: Treefarmer

caddyman1973

Post by caddyman1973 »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
You be tolerant....
You coexist....
I will do NEITHER!!!!
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

That's great news. She'll be out of the game for a month or two, but I'm sure once her strength is back up, she'll be right as rain.

I'll continue with prayers for both of you.

Glenn
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I want to thank those who prayed for Joy's surgery and acknowledge the Lord's hand on all she has gone through. It's amazing to think that last Wednesday morning she had quadruple bypass surgery and she was able to come home Sunday afternoon!
We walked in the yard this morning after coffeee on the porch and I'm learning how much a wife has to do on a daily basis. The little things they we take for granted in the operation of a home are sometimes hard to comprehend, like what color of hanger does a dress shirt go on, or an old work shirt with a stain goes on a gray hanger..... ::facepalm:: .
But the main thing is God's blessing her with the discovery of the two 100% blocked arteries with out suffering a massive heart attack. Please continue to remember her in your prayers as she gets over this issue.
Thanks again, Treefarmer

treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

This morning Miss Joy asked me if I knew what today is? I knew it wasn't her birthday or our anniversary so I said, "It is October 17th." She then reminded me that today is the anniversary of her quadruple bypass surgery, it's been 4 years. I just want to thank and praise the Lord for His goodness to us! Joy's cardiologist seems pleased, she still has the desire to work in the yard with her plants, garden etc....she and I both still have the aches and pains, sciatica and such, common to old folks but the Lord allows us to function and for this we are grateful!
Four years ago about this time, we were awaiting the surgery outcome, to say the least it was wonderful!
Than you Lord ::pray:: .
Treefarmer

glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

God is great, this much I know...

Glad you and the Mrs. are doing well!
bestgear
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by bestgear »

God obviously needs an angel here more than He does in heaven. The power of prayer is great, I'm glad for you and your family. Tom
Tom
AAPK Administrator

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Sorry didn't see this sooneR. Thankful for your wife's full recovery.

We're fortunate to have so many good doctors who are believers and know the power of prayer.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

God is Good. I am Thankful for Joy and her recovery.

Bless you
Harold
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

This was good to read. You have been a blessing to Jane and I through the past year and a half with your encouraging comments and messages. This was especially good for me to read today as met with her heart Dr. this afternoon hoping for good news about the test she had several weeks ago to see the condition of the leaky valve in her heart. It wasn't the news we had hoped for. It isn't bad enough now for immediate surgery but they want to fix it with open heart surgery before it gets too bad to fix. It probably will happen just after Christmas. She is pretty scared and still is contemplating not going through with it but I think the Dr. convinced her she needs to do this. I'm trusting God that we will be an encouragement to someone else, as you have been to us, several years down the road because of what we will most likely be going through in the next few months. God bless you and Miss Joy.____Dave
LongBlade

Post by LongBlade »

Treefarmer - that is great news about Miss Joy and glad to hear she is doing so well!!

Dave - please know my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you....

Return to “The Upper Room Forum”