Remington RB43 Barlow

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
Landersknives

Remington RB43 Barlow

Post by Landersknives »

I just recently purchased this Barlow, would love to have you guys check out the pictures and tell me if I did ok or not. It is a old used knife but I want to know if it is an original Remington and if not what it is I have. Thanks to all.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
espn77

Re: Remington RB43 Barlow

Post by espn77 »

Looks like a 1933-35 knife to me. Nice find.
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

::ds:: Thanks Keith. I am excited to have this knife. I picked it up for 40 dollars, I don't know if that is a good price or not but I like it very much. Thanks again for lending your expertise so that I will know exactly what I have.
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
espn77

Post by espn77 »

"Remington collector" has or has an awesome collection of Remington Barlow's. I only have 3. RC091, R47, R1630
Attachments
IMG_20170315_214251.jpg
Landersknives

Post by Landersknives »

Those are beautiful knives my friend. Thanks for posting them. My Remington and a Belknap Blue Grass Barlow are my only two for right now. I take that back I also have a Queen #22 that has the patent # on it from 1955. The pictures of display cases, catalog pages, and knives have been a great help to me. Thank you for taking the time to enlighten me on some things. I will probably have more questions as time goes along and I get more involved in Remington knives. ::handshake::
Ed
“No brag just fact”
Walter Brennan
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Keith and landers, Very nice old Remington's. ::tu::

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”