acorn cattle and rb100

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
tankman

acorn cattle and rb100

Post by tankman »

heres a couple more I have already put on aapk,if you go to research at the top scroll down to Remington click on image gallery you will find them.Anyway there pictures of acorn pattern ranch knife,and a rb100.Ive had these for a while in my collection.tankman
Attachments
R%204423.jpg
R100-B.jpg
espn77

Re: acorn cattle and rb100

Post by espn77 »

You have some really nice knives tankman. Here are two of my favorite. Both are cattle knives. One is almost mint with etch. The other I'm 55% sure it's been rehandled with stag and been used but it's still one of my favorites.
Attachments
IMG_20161126_202351369.jpg
IMG_20161126_201949006.jpg
tankman

Re: stag acorn

Post by tankman »

I'm very much sure that the stag is from 20 30 40 because of the way the stag looks.all my case stags ,ka-bar stag from that era are like that,I ll send you a picture of Ka-bar olean Ny knife and youll see what I'm talking about.Do you have pattern number Ill look it up.have you heard of knarly stag,I guess knarly is comparison to super stag.
Attachments
SSPX2973[1].jpg
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The knife is a 3. So it should have bone. But. I have had a guy that I very much respect look at it and he thinks it's factory error.
tankman

Post by tankman »

thank goodness for the pattern numbers,I let a lot of good Remington knifes go because of know pattern numbers on paranoia fakes.So I talked to a fella about pal knifes the company they sold to in 1940.pal made a bunch of knifes with Remington parts.He told me Remington lightly printed type of etching.the etching wares off rubs off over time.A surpise sometimes didn't put them on.Remington made a bunch of knifes during the little time that they were with us.I think the knife is 100 percent original. stag when it ages looks just like that.Before you a collector took great care of that knife.We all go to special care of our collections.I keep mine in a safe keep them out of the air.Carbon steel knife get patina on left out in the oxegen for 20 to 30 years. I think the knife is 100 percent original.
espn77

Post by espn77 »

The pyremite knife is a R3465
Stag knife is a R3193.
I guess I'm a little different than most as all my knives are out. All in a display. I used to keep them in the safes but I was always dragging them out that I figured I would designated one room to them. I don't know if it's wise or not but my room is pretty cool.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Have you ever had any "Safe Haze" after storage in your safe. I control my humidity. I have had some trouble.

Harold
tankman

Post by tankman »

several years ago my wife and I sold antiques in a shop here in Weatherford texas.I had my collection and bought knifes on ebay and resold them in a the store.I had a case full of these knifes. it got broken into and nine knifes went missing.I keep them in a safe,so this whuldnt happen again.I keep my celluiod knifes some where else.I do have some out for show not many. I think your alright the you do yours each collectors different.This is just my way of doing it. I have a few stainless knife. I mainly collect early knifes.Sometimes I forget what all I have,so keeping them out displaying them you can look at them and enjoy them. Keep collecting.Tankman
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Uuuummmmmmm...Remington knives. Keith like you I have a room upstairs where I keep my knife and guitar collections. It is my man cave where I go to hang out and play with my knives, music or to just read. I have always kept them out for display and to mess with. It is enjoyable to me to sit amongst my collections and books. There's no better feeling like it for me. ::tu::
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”