English Style Jack

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

English Style Jack

Post by stockman »

4 1/4" Remington Beautiful old knife R1023. Remington made some really nice knives. This one has
the wrap around backspring, beautiful scales and fine fit and finish. Tight old knife with 1/2 stops.
I have owned this knife for years. There is a light etch on master. Fine example of Remington quality.

Harold
Attachments
img461.jpg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: English Style Jack

Post by peanut740 »

Harold that is one heck of a knife. ::tu::
Roger
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Nice one! ::tu::
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

Really nice Harold. By wrap around, do you mean closed spring.? I have a R100B cattle knife with a closed spring and"DollarKnife" etch on the M blade. Mine is stamped Pat. pending on the cover. I didn't know Rem. made other closed spring patterns. Interesting. ___Dave
MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Hansome one harold .. . we've come to expect no less from ya..

heres one i got... sorta like a english jack

het
Attachments
173.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

Harold that is a beautiful old Rem.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
wlf

Post by wlf »

One of my favorite patterns Harold,and she looks lovely.Flat bolsters on one end and roped or whatever is the proper term on the pivot end.

I call those slim jacks,more gentlemanly at 3 3/4"-4 1/4"
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

djknife13 wrote:Really nice Harold. By wrap around, do you mean closed spring.? I have a R100B cattle knife with a closed spring and"DollarKnife" etch on the M blade. Mine is stamped Pat. pending on the cover. I didn't know Rem. made other closed spring patterns. Interesting. ___Dave
Dave a picture of wrap around spring. Probably not the real name. I really like the "DollarKnife" I also
have a nice R100B Like yours. Blister Nice old Rmington.

Harold
Attachments
img462.jpg
img462.jpg (45.84 KiB) Viewed 2870 times
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

stockman wrote:
djknife13 wrote:Really nice Harold. By wrap around, do you mean closed spring.? I have a R100B cattle knife with a closed spring and"DollarKnife" etch on the M blade. Mine is stamped Pat. pending on the cover. I didn't know Rem. made other closed spring patterns. Interesting. ___Dave
Dave a picture of wrap around spring. Probably not the real name. I really like the "DollarKnife" I also
have a nice R100B Like yours. Blister Nice old Rmington.

Harold
Thanks Harold. That really is a classy knife you have I have an old Rem. English Jack R1153 but that one isn't near as fancy as yours. ____Dave
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Dave, We must like the same knives. also have a R1153. Mine has a really pretty top Bolster.

Harold
Attachments
Rem R1153 Big Jack.jpg
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

Beautiful knives gentlemen! Love those ol' Remingtons. Great examples of true quality and workmanship. Simply beautiful! ::tu:: ::drool:: ::nod::
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”