One of the lucky ones...

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
waggo71

One of the lucky ones...

Post by waggo71 »

Wife picked me out a good one for Christmas. First Remington / UMC knife but likely not the last. How sweet it is to have a wife that not only understands my vices but is even willing to contribute to my delinquency! Knives for Christmas and Zippos for anniversary...not sure it gets better than that...
Attachments
R7425_front.JPG
R7425_back.JPG
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: One of the lucky ones...

Post by djknife13 »

Good knives and a good wife are both a challenge to come by. Looks like you are cleaning up in both categories. Nice knife. ____Dave
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Very nice knife and wife! My wife is the same way. She's a blessing as it sounds like yours is too.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

You guys must have got all the good ones while I wasn't looking. Wives that is.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”